• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see those Completed Short Runs!
2 2

396 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

captvideo1fc.jpg

captvideo2fc.jpg

captvideo3fc.jpg

captvideo4fc.jpg

captvideo5fc.jpg

captvideo6fc.jpg

Every time I see an issue of this series I automatically think of the 'Honeymooners'  episode with Ralph , Norton and the shared television set. 

Another super set Bedrock! 

5 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

hollywoodconfessions1.jpg

hollywoodconfessions2.jpg

Cool St. John(?) Mighty Mouse's.  I know you're a fan of the character (both Timley and St. John runs).

Those Hollywood Confessions  are amazing. Greatl GGA covers on both! 

59 minutes ago, comicjack said:

I loved to watch Joe do freehand drawings he was an amazing artist . Great books !

He was great to chat with too.

28 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
30 minutes ago, BOOT said:

1joecollege1.jpg.5509bcaed59b50289a39db4b7d1a2c90.jpg

1joecollege2.jpg.0750440502be46a6c7b95b3d00d876e7.jpg

Never seen those before.  Just for fun, I looked them up on the CGC census:  One graded copy of issue 1 (a 6.5) and none of issue 2.

Let's race to see who can find both issues first!

9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I know you've got Boot on speed-dial! :baiting:

That would be so cool!

He used to live relatively close by and I'd see him in the shop from time to time. But that was twenty years ago. Now he's a big shot living in some high-fallutin' mansion somewhere far away, and when I call I always get his butler who laughs when I give my name, then says something about a restraining order before hanging up.

2 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

That would be so cool!

He used to live relatively close by and I'd see him in the shop from time to time. But that was twenty years ago. Now he's a big shot living in some high-fallutin' mansion somewhere far away, and when I call I always get his butler who laughs when I give my name, then says something about a restraining order before hanging up.

You can call me anytime! :foryou:

:gossip: And I cancelled the restraining order on you a few months ago.

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

:gossip: And I cancelled the restraining order on you a few months ago.

See you soon!

5 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

That would be so cool!

HA! You gents are always welcome to get in touch. Bedrock City will always have a special place in my heart. Going to the shop was like making a pilgrimage - the best comic store I'd ever seen! And Mr. B was foolish/crazy/kind enough to actually support my early efforts. He will always be in my pantheon of Comic Book Heroes!

BTW, Joe College has some cracking Bob Powell artwork...

1JC6.jpg.988589f0282dc2c5c0288dc2f969a29d.jpg

1JC7.jpg.a1a3f54a71f9ea9fb471470253f10090.jpg

1JC9.jpg.c82288df2bfeeb314c931e7d41373ebf.jpg

And one of the weirdest looking D. Briefer characters you will ever see...

1JC31.jpg.743d638ce058a9d5813b7485711f63fa.jpg

1JC32.jpg.1989d89d52a7543c001b00242a63048d.jpg

comics.org says that "Boola Boola Jones" in both issues is by Frazetta, but I'm not seein' it...

Edited by BOOT