• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Man, Fuelman, did you tap out the dealers at SD?? If there are no Centaurs left in Chicago I'm coming for you!

Fantastic books! That Arrow #3 is a toughie, and of course the Funny Pages Arrow cover and the 1st Amazing Mystery Funnies are absolute must-haves. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Fuelman, You hit the Jackpot!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gifWhat a Great & I mean Great, selection of books you picked up.. Hey , they're Centaurs, Gotta love'em!!

Congrats, again!! headbang.gif

Hey Win,

I'll be in your neck of the woods in May of next year, for Pulp Con. Hope we can get together (Scrooge, October & Norinn Radd joined me this year). There's probably things you would like there, even some comics (I got a few F/VF Planet Comics). thumbsup2.gif

That would be great! Although I'm not a pulp collector I definitely appreciate them. Besides, I'd like to meet you, as my jedi mind tricks are stronger in person and apparently that's the only way I'm going to get my hands on some of your Centaurs. wink.gif

That would be great! Although I'm not a pulp collector I definitely appreciate them. Besides, I'd like to meet you, as my jedi mind tricks are stronger in person and apparently that's the only way I'm going to get my hands on some of your Centaurs. wink.gif

Your Jedi mind tricks will have no effect on me. I'm not the droid you're looking for..........

I'll be in your neck of the woods in May of next year, for Pulp Con. Hope we can get together (Scrooge, October & Norinn Radd joined me this year).

** COUGH COUGH ** And here all along I thought YOU joined ME this year sumo.gif (after all I was there the year before and you weren't). Be that as it may, glad to hear you're planning on making this an annual trip. thumbsup2.gif

Great pick-ups on all these Centaurs. I particularly like the Arrow covers, esp. the Lubbers one. Bob was always above the rest of them, even at the beginning.

Out of curiosity, how many more issues did you look at and not buy at the show? I'm trying to get an idea of how "common" they are at SD.

I'll be in your neck of the woods in May of next year, for Pulp Con. Hope we can get together (Scrooge, October & Norinn Radd joined me this year).

** COUGH COUGH ** And here all along I thought YOU joined ME this year sumo.gif (after all I was there the year before and you weren't). Be that as it may, glad to hear you're planning on making this an annual trip. thumbsup2.gif

Great pick-ups on all these Centaurs. I particularly like the Arrow covers, esp. the Lubbers one. Bob was always above the rest of them, even at the beginning.

Out of curiosity, how many more issues did you look at and not buy at the show? I'm trying to get an idea of how "common" they are at SD.

They're not what I would call "common", scarce maybe. Amazing Man's seem to be the one's most often seen, Keen Detective and some of the later circa 1940. I saw about 10-15 that I passed on for one reason or another, price, conditon or restoration. Centaurman (Win) has been collecting Centaur's longer than me, so he'd probably have a more precise answer.

If I could've found The Eye Sees covers, I would've grabbed those. My favorites of the take are all the Arrow covers & the Amazing Mystery Funnies # 1.

And hey, I said I was going to the Pulp Con & you asked me if I'd split the room. Sounds like I was the leader. makepoint.gifdevil.gif

poke2.gif

Edited by FUELMAN