• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
18 18

6,168 posts in this topic

I am offering a copy of Amazing Mystery Funnies v2#5. The grade is VG with cream/ow pages. The book is unrestored and has a minor spine roll. The book is priced at $1200. The first person was PM's me gets it. To be clear, a PM requesting a scan does not count.

S

I think we need to invalidate this sale since it wasn't done in the marketplace.

Oh, come on. SOMEone had to say it.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen first. The book selling or someone telling me to move it to the marketplace.

S

I just feel so lost, none of our board police were here to do it confused-smiley-013.gif

What's this strange feeling? I feel so, so...falsely empowered. It's like I was bitten by a radioactive middle aged 5'3"balding man with a bad job. I now have........

INTERNET POWER!!!!!

Bow before me all board lurkers, JC had nothing on me. I'll be enforcing rules left and right with a lurid sense of entitlement! BWAHAHAHAHA.

<rubs grubby little hands and walks off...>

Hey Win,

I'm going through my copy of the Mile High Comics catalog which listed the Church books. You are correct; the issues in the middle of the run are lower grades than the beginning & end (with a few exceptions). The catalog is in very small print & difficult to read, but here are the original asking prices & grades:

Vol 1, 8 nm...........$ 45

9 nm...........$ 45

10 nm+.........$ 50

11 nm+.........$ 50

Vol 2, 1 fine..........$ 25

2 vg............$ 16

3 nm...........$ 35

4 fine..........$ 24

5 fine..........$ 24

6 fine..........$ 24

7 fine..........$ 30

8 vg............$ 16

9 fine..........$ 24

10 vg............$ 16

11 nm..........$ 35

12 fine..........$ 24

Vol 3, 1 fine.........$ 24

2 fine..........$ 24

5 nm..........$ 35

I sure hope you didn't pay too much more than this....... poke2.gif

Actually, I didn't pay the listed prices becuause I got a quantity discount.

Steve

Plus you probably got the elementary school student discount that Chuck no longer offers. Another big savings right there.

Plus I bought them with time payments. That reminds me! I've got to pay Chuck for them next week.

S

That reminds me - I'm way overdue on my Pop Hollinger subscription payments. Does anyone have a quarter I could borrow?

Bad news. Pop is dead. Are you OK??.....?

S

Hey Win,

I'm going through my copy of the Mile High Comics catalog which listed the Church books. You are correct; the issues in the middle of the run are lower grades than the beginning & end (with a few exceptions). The catalog is in very small print & difficult to read, but here are the original asking prices & grades:

Vol 1, 8 nm...........$ 45

9 nm...........$ 45

10 nm+.........$ 50

11 nm+.........$ 50

Vol 2, 1 fine..........$ 25

2 vg............$ 16

3 nm...........$ 35

4 fine..........$ 24

5 fine..........$ 24

6 fine..........$ 24

7 fine..........$ 30

8 vg............$ 16

9 fine..........$ 24

10 vg............$ 16

11 nm..........$ 35

12 fine..........$ 24

Vol 3, 1 fine.........$ 24

2 fine..........$ 24

5 nm..........$ 35

I sure hope you didn't pay too much more than this....... poke2.gif

Actually, I didn't pay the listed prices becuause I got a quantity discount.

Steve

Plus you probably got the elementary school student discount that Chuck no longer offers. Another big savings right there.

Plus I bought them with time payments. That reminds me! I've got to pay Chuck for them next week.

S

That reminds me - I'm way overdue on my Pop Hollinger subscription payments. Does anyone have a quarter I could borrow?

Bad news. Pop is dead. Are you OK??.....?

S

nooooooooo.jpg

Hey Stephen this is a off topic but any thought to adding a "newly listed" section on your website? I don't really want to overload the want list option but it would be easier to see what new stuff comes in on a daily/weekly basis rather than try and sift through all categories like I do now.

Relax Stephen, it was a joke - a collector got a book they wanted, and you made a nice sale. So what's to pout about?

Besides, if you're going to continue to use this Board as a marketing tool, you have to expect a few jibes now and then.

STEVE

Alright, who poached that book, and what do I have to offer tham to wrestle it away??

Ryan, Surfer brings up a point about Want Lists...I see you've always listed AMF 2/5 as being Wanted in your sig line, but what about contacting Metro and having them put the book on a Want List for you? That way, when the book comes in you can be notified direct instead of it being offered for grabs here on the Board?

Just a thought...

STEVE

Alright, who poached that book, and what do I have to offer tham to wrestle it away??

Ryan, Surfer brings up a point about Want Lists...I see you've always listed AMF 2/5 as being Wanted in your sig line, but what about contacting Metro and having them put the book on a Want List for you? That way, when the book comes in you can be notified direct instead of it being offered for grabs here on the Board?

Just a thought...

STEVE

I thought I did that... confused-smiley-013.gif

I use both the want list service on Metro, as well as submitting my list to Frank... plus I check the Centaur list daily on Metro.

What do I have to do????makepoint.gif

Just a thought...

STEVE

I use both the want list service on Metro, as well as submitting my list to Frank... plus I check the Centaur list daily on Metro.

What other Centaurs are you looking for?

Steve, Metro has an automated want list that Ryan can input specific issues that he may be after, I have about a dozen loaded right now for me. However, on occassion I see a cool book that is not on my list (just about every day tongue.gif) and the urge to buy takes over. thumbsup2.gif

I use that service!!!

Again, makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Just a thought...

STEVE

Ouch - I wouldn't blame you at all for being mad.gif

Sounds like America's # 1 Comic Book Dealer has some has some explaining to do (not to mention customer service repair).

STEVE

Whoa, hold on their pardner - don't you be moving no Centaurs without checking 'em out with me first!

STEVE

You don't like my drek Cenaturs! You love them in minty mint! I would too, if I could find them! wink.gif

Just a thought...

STEVE

Well, just about any Everett or Gustavson covers... that will simplify things!!

WHY? What you got? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Collect different books? poke2.gif

Might be an idea (Archies? Ninja Turtles?) ... the only thing that will erase the pain of missing my grail by mere minutes is the hope of actually finding it one day!

Oh well, we've all felt this before... Christo_pull_hair.gif

I am offering a copy of Amazing Mystery Funnies v2#5. The grade is VG with cream/ow pages. The book is unrestored and has a minor spine roll. The book is priced at $1200. The first person was PM's me gets it. To be clear, a PM requesting a scan does not count.

S

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It sat unsold for 10 minutes before someone claimed it.

S

Seve;

Congrats on the fast sale, especially since it went for over 4X condition guide. 893whatthe.gif I guess this is just another one of those GA books that's undervalued in the guide.

I was actually planning to make an offer on one of your Funny Pages book on your site. Guess there's no point after seeing this type of multiple for a non-HG Centaur.

hello all...

I logged on too late this afternoon, but I was going to PM them just to get it so that Ryan could have it (if he wanted, and if he didn't, I had just posted a hour earlier that my next Centaur would be a AMF)... when I read the post, there was no message under Steves, so I hit refresh before I was going to PM, and I saw that it was gone...I apologize Ryan, I feel I let you down (I was a minute to slow)...someone on the boards got it, do we know who?

rick