• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

I'd already had it tracked. I imagine I'll be winning that one, but if someone wants to make it expensive for me they may be my guest. I fully support the free markets.

I won't be in the hunt, CM - the Little Giants just never grabbed me for some reason...best of luck with your bid.

STEVE

I'd already had it tracked. I imagine I'll be winning that one, but if someone wants to make it expensive for me they may be my guest. I fully support the free markets.

I won't be in the hunt, CM - the Little Giants just never grabbed me for some reason...best of luck with your bid.

STEVE

Thanks, but let me emphasize, in no way should anyone feel the need to step aside. I do know where a 2nd copy is, which would likely be harder to get than this one (I'd be trading good stuff for it), but there is a price at which I'd stop bidding on this one and move on to my back-up choice. So please, anyone interested should bid freely. If I were the seller I wouldn't want to think anyone was interfering with the free markets.

I do know what you mean, though, about the Little Giants not doing it for you. Unlike the detective or superhero Centaurs, these books are much more of an acquired taste. But they're nifty and they're rare, and as a completionist I've pretty much got to strike when one comes up at auction.

STEVE

Thanks, but let me emphasize, in no way should anyone feel the need to step aside. I do know where a 2nd copy is, which would likely be harder to get than this one (I'd be trading good stuff for it), but there is a price at which I'd stop bidding on this one and move on to my back-up choice. So please, anyone interested should bid freely. If I were the seller I wouldn't want to think anyone was interfering with the free markets.

I do know what you mean, though, about the Little Giants not doing it for you. Unlike the detective or superhero Centaurs, these books are much more of an acquired taste. But they're nifty and they're rare, and as a completionist I've pretty much got to strike when one comes up at auction.

They may not look like much in a scan, but in-hand they are very cool. I especially like the LG Movie Comics 1, lovely cover. Certain books just feel....historical....for lack of a better word, and those certainly qualify.

If there's one Centaur to go for, this may be the book - I'm not particulary enamored with the cover, and as far as Centaurs go it's not that uncommon, but oh man the insides are loaded...a Gustavson, Everett (including a reprint of his very first story from the rare AMF 1/2!), and Burgos-fest.

This is the Denver copy...

100_1573.jpg

STEVE

I'll back that up, Steve... good reading. A great cross section of the best Centaur material, and being reprints, its generally not that expensive a book.

And good luck on your bid, CentaurMan!! No competition from me this time around!

I'll back that up, Steve... good reading. A great cross section of the best Centaur material, and being reprints, its generally not that expensive a book.

I'll add that it's also one of the easiest Centaurs to find, scoring a 10 on my scarcity ranking. Content + cost + availability = excellent reader issue.

Its compatriot, the 2nd issue of the 2-issue series, also has good content and is generally cheap but it's much tougher to find, scoring a 24 on my scarcity scale.

amazingadventure2.jpg

I'd love to see a WinDEX for all of the Millies. 1 is MUCH easier to find than 2, and is also easier than 3 and 4. There's an issue in the 40s (I think 42) that is rumored not to exist. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry for the departure from the thread but that Millie 42 does exist and people know it's a 893censored-thumb.gif to find as per the ending price of $503.50 shipped on eBay for this copy 893whatthe.gif -

1627169-Millie42.jpg

1627169-Millie42.jpg.6c254afd9c2cb3d8b319e4b543d7cd9f.jpg

If there's one Centaur to go for, this may be the book - I'm not particulary enamored with the cover, and as far as Centaurs go it's not that uncommon, but oh man the insides are loaded...a Gustavson, Everett (including a reprint of his very first story from the rare AMF 1/2!), and Burgos-fest.

This is the Denver copy...

100_1573.jpg

STEVE

There is a gorgeous white page CGC 9.0 copy on Metro right now although I suspect not for long. Have never seen that cover before, looks awesome.

STEVE

They may not look like much in a scan, but in-hand they are very cool. I especially like the LG Movie Comics 1, lovely cover. Certain books just feel....historical....for lack of a better word, and those certainly qualify.

I understand where you're coming from, and I suspect that part of the appeal is that you've held that copy in your hands and viscerally notice that it opens landscape style rather than portrait style. Someone seeing a scan on the boards is probably less likely to experience the unique qualities of the book. Just my 2 cents.

I'd love to see a WinDEX for all of the Millies. 1 is MUCH easier to find than 2, and is also easier than 3 and 4. There's an issue in the 40s (I think 42) that is rumored not to exist. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry for the departure from the thread but that Millie 42 does exist and people know it's a 893censored-thumb.gif to find as per the ending price of $503.50 shipped on eBay for this copy 893whatthe.gif -

1627169-Millie42.jpg

It does exist. I have sold 2 copies in the past 10 years.

S

Wow, a Millie 42. That's awesome!

Someone should let Donut know.

*spoon* me. $500. Wow. I just looked again at it, and I see why I didn't see it earlier. The listing is for "42 Millie the Model Atlas Comics" *spoon* that I am, I was only looking for a 2. foreheadslap.gif

I'll bet 10 pop up now in the next six months.