• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Let's get this train back on track!!

Thanks to SilverSurfer, I now own AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES 2/7... he was nice enough to part with it after my badgering and offers, so I really owe him! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I just love it... the Everett, Burgos and Gustavson stories are beaut's. Its a nice solid copy, with great paper.

Thanks again Surfer! hail.gif

1630986-AMF2-7POST.jpg

1630986-AMF2-7POST.jpg.9498b171d762a591e9f5e94477ccc800.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Let's get this train back on track!!

Thanks to SilverSurfer, I now own AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES 2/7... he was nice enough to part with it after my badgering and offers, so I really owe him! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I just love it... the Everett, Burgos and Gustavson stories are beaut's. Its a nice solid copy, with great paper.

Thanks again Surfer! hail.gif

1630986-AMF2-7POST.jpg

Let the badgering begin!! poke2.giftakeit.gif

I remember when CLINK had three copies up for grabs, and I foolishly thought I could take my time. Well, I learned from my mistake!! Not all that scarce, as CM said, but a hot book for a Centaur!

Thanks go out again to SilverSurfer... the book couldn't have gone to a better home! cloud9.gif

Yup, that's one of the classics. Not quite as scarce as Gerber says (I think he may have listed it as an 8), but still very desirable. Good job!!

I have sold about 15 copies of this book over the years. For some reason it is quite common for a Centaur. Cool book though.

Stephen

Yup, that's one of the classics. Not quite as scarce as Gerber says (I think he may have listed it as an 8), but still very desirable. Good job!!

I have sold about 15 copies of this book over the years. For some reason it is quite common for a Centaur. Cool book though.

Stephen

And common in grade. I've seen far more VF or better copies than I have GD-FN.

One little Centaur to be found at my geekfest, and I scooped it up.

mm0137.jpg

Harold again! How extensive was his collection? It's not a for-real pedigree, is it?

And why is that dog disguised as a kangaroo? (Maybe that's the joke.)

Jack

I'll do anything to keep this thread alive!

Here's an interior Wolverton page from AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES #24 ... last issue. Wolverton's work just cracks me up... he was way , WAY ahead of his time.

1643537-AMF24_WOLVloresPOST.jpg

1643537-AMF24_WOLVloresPOST.jpg.9fb74fae79db19b379d35015a7e89095.jpg

Edited by RyanH

I'll do anything to keep this thread alive!

Here's an interior Wolverton page from AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES #24 ... last issue. Wolverton's work just cracks me up... he was way , WAY ahead of his time.

What a great example, Ryan!

The only reason I started collecting any Centaurs was because of Wolverton. ( have since learned other reasons to enjoy them, but this is why it started.