• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
18 18

6,168 posts in this topic

Hey Billy,

what are the arrow stories like anyways; are they good? I've always liked the arrow covers on funny pages a lot but I have never owned an Arrow book. They're not cheap so I'd like to know if the reading is halfway decent before putting them in mind as issues to one day acquire.

thanks,

Dan

Here is part of an article I did years ago on "The Arrow" for CBM....jon

THE ARCHERS OF PAUL GUSTAVSON

thanks Jon! :applause:

Thanks 'Tec! Makes me want to dig mine out again.

I know Win (nearly completed publisher) and JB (100% completed) are the centaur "kings" here and rightfully so, but many of you all don't know (or maybe you do) that buttock's centaur collection has been the source of serveral of my purchases (extremely difficult to locate centaurs) and I know he helped Win out too... if I can't get into JB's or Win's centaur will, I want to be in Dan's (thumbs u

Hey Billy,

what are the arrow stories like anyways; are they good? I've always liked the arrow covers on funny pages a lot but I have never owned an Arrow book. They're not cheap so I'd like to know if the reading is halfway decent before putting them in mind as issues to one day acquire.

thanks,

Dan

dan, i am punting this q to jon and gator; this is the first one i've ever owned, and it is of course encapsulated. never read one. bought it for the cover.

The lead story is not by Gustavson - wasn't too impressed back in the days, so traded my copy away (doh!)

Hey Billy,

thanks,

Dan

dan, i am punting this q to jon and gator; this is the first one i've ever owned, and it is of course encapsulated. never read one. bought it for the cover.

The lead story is not by Gustavson - wasn't too impressed back in the days, so traded my copy away (doh!)

:makepoint:

arrow2.jpg

Now you have to to get # 1 & # 3. :applause:

i know it; that realization was the thing that made me think hard about pulling the trigger on this one! a curse, i tell you.

Yeah..I don't think you will like this Mr. Parker....crappy art compared to Timely's (pssttt...Don't tell Parker that Centaur's are precursors to Timely's..same creative staff etc. :gossip:),

Also more importantly the challange just isn't there for a Timely collector..(not enough titles)...

and third most of the books you'll have to settle for will probably have resto work..or just plain ugly G/VG copies...

so I don't think I'd bother trying to complete this run...just not worth it with some many other great books out there.... (thumbs u

Gator......I'm going to have a word with you in Orlando...what in the world are you trying to do....get Parker interested in Centaurs....that's the last thing I (we) need right now...Damnit.... :makepoint: Oh..Hi Mr. Parker, what you're still there.... :blush:..

Oh...by the way..nice copy....Billy... lol

starsandstripes.jpg

All hail the Gator! (worship)

That's a series I hope to complete some day. :cloud9:

ah there is that troublesome book....

when i started collecting Centaurs, Overstreet listed Amazing Man 27 and Little Giant Detective Funnies 2 and 3. A lot of searching and finally being able to look at the Centaur bound volumes at Steve Geppi's fabulous library lead me to the fact that they Do Not Exist.

73895.jpg.5b284d1db7ac462ee9ea316cd9d0f03b.jpg

starsandstripes.jpg

All hail the Gator! (worship)

That's a series I hope to complete some day. :cloud9:

ah there is that troublesome book....

when i started collecting Centaurs, Overstreet listed Amazing Man 27 and Little Giant Detective Funnies 2 and 3. A lot of searching and finally being able to look at the Centaur bound volumes at Steve Geppi's fabulous library lead me to the fact that they Do Not Exist.

well, I know 5/5 exists...if you ever want to sell it :baiting: