• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

There are definitely plenty of nice books still affordable, but I guess I was referring to those tough Centaur, Fox, Ace, Novelty Press, etc. second tier publishers (and now the Canadian Whites) who used to get less attention. Try picking up a pre-1941 Fox book at bargain prices now! So, SPECIFICALLY, I've been squeezed out of my collecting focus during the last three or four years.

On the plus side, there are still other related markets that are affordable, like pulps, newspaper comics, big little books and foreign GA...

You're not the only one with that feeling. Down at my level, I also feel squeezed out. Yes, some books in my boxes are now more valuable ... but that's paltry consolation to the fact that I acquire books much much less frequently.

Back then you couldn't get any interest in the titles mentioned so who knew .I just collected what I liked and trying to complete certain books have become a task to hard to bear :o

The grade and resto don't matter nearly as much on books like this as they do on more common items.

Very true. I still steer clear as much as possible on restored comics but when you can only find 3-5 graded copies of a truly rare comic you may have to pay-up for any copy you can find, restored or not.

I have a few Centaur comics and this seems like the place to take a group pic and post it.

I shall return!!

My two. I am only after the Everett covers. Restored/Qualified fine with me. I doubt I will get there and finish the partial run anytime soon, but eventually... :wishluck::wishluck:

IMG_8854_zpskyuuc6s9.jpg

3ba09ded-b3e9-4ad1-a8c8-e199c8a2e04b_zpsyobjnjjy.jpg

(worship) Quality not quantity.

Those are sweet conditions compared to what I have in the few pictures that I will post.