• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

THIS arrived yesterday! Sorry about the junky pic on my old phone with my reflection in it & the sticker residue at the top right is on the sleeve, not the book. I had to snap a quick pic & send it to Russ right when it came in!! I'll try to get a better pic of this later. It's a grail for me! Always loved it but never thought I'd be able to get one :whee:

amazing%20man%205_zpseo72ep6f.jpg

thanks for sharing.lets get it on page...

THIS arrived yesterday! Sorry about the junky pic on my old phone with my reflection in it & the sticker residue at the top right is on the sleeve, not the book. I had to snap a quick pic & send it to Russ right when it came in!! I'll try to get a better pic of this later. It's a grail for me! Always loved it but never thought I'd be able to get one :whee:

I give it two snaps and a twist :applause:

I give it two snaps and a twist :applause:

WOWZERS!!!!! What a Book!!!!! Huge congrats on that one buddy that's Super cool!! (thumbs u

is superman in this book ?

Is this the issue where he has the rope pulling contest with an elephant? I want to say no. But I read these a long time ago.

As an update, for these which might be interested: here’s a whole list of the earlier Centaur (and others, even DC) comics published in Italy starting in 1945, in that small forma (Sardo and Steve knows how it is):

http://vintagecomics.forumcommunity.net/?t=55977241

A friend of mine collected more or less all the issues (they generally mirror a french edition of the same period). There are a few other Centaur editions in larger format, but they are not many, and even scarcer than these.

An edition of that Amazing Man should exist, too. :)

EDIT: You can find more info on these earlier editions here:

http://www.glamazonia.it/old/articoli/archeo/robinson.htm

(Article is in Italian, these are very scarce so unless one have them, little information is known).

Edited by vaillant

Is this the issue where he has the rope pulling contest with an elephant? I want to say no. But I read these a long time ago.

Male bondage at its best! :luhv:

Congrats again Jimmy on acquiring a grail book! Can't wait to see that beauty in person. :headbang:

If you haven't read it yet, you will love it Frisco. Here is my total beater. I got it from a guy that found only this single comic in the trash! I was more than happy to buy it from him.

comamazingman5_zps24s0jnse.jpg

If you haven't read it yet, you will love it Frisco. Here is my total beater. I got it from a guy that found only this single comic in the trash! I was more than happy to buy it from him.

comamazingman5_zps24s0jnse.jpg

I haven't had a chance to read any stories yet, but I DID thumb thru it :applause:

A great book indeed not as rare as once thought but still tough and getting pricey.I consider myself lucky just to own a copy and a big congrats on your baby :applause:

A great book indeed not as rare as once thought...

Very true, like Marvel Mystery 2 we've seen quite a few copies pop up over the years yet Overstreet continues to list the books as "rare" (they're not).

Thanks for the interior shot, great story (A-Man 6 is still my favorite. :cloud9: ).