• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

This has my vote for most bizarre GA cover, which is why it is also one of my favorites (gotta love that huge Everett signature):

3ba09ded-b3e9-4ad1-a8c8-e199c8a2e04b_zpsyobjnjjy.jpg

Bill was one of the kings of the Goldenage he created Amazing Man!

This has my vote for most bizarre GA cover, :

Not getting my vote. :sumo:

It's just plain awesome! :luhv:

Congratulations! I thought someone got a good deal on that book. :applause:

now you're just rubbing it in

I'm not saying you bailed too soon, but you did.

I didn't bail at all , as I never even bid which in hindsight I could have :cry:

I didn't bail at all , as I never even bid which in hindsight I could have :cry:

:foryou:

:foryou:

May I ask for the selling price?

Not surprised that on Heritage last night the AMF 3 went for about four times unrestored guide, despite the heavy resto. Such a great cover and such a tough book. Auction link

I was pretty shocked by the ending price.

Honestly, I think in one of their Signature auctions it would have gone for significantly more. So tough to find a copy.

Not surprised that on Heritage last night the AMF 3 went for about four times unrestored guide, despite the heavy resto. Such a great cover and such a tough book. Auction link

Honestly, I think in one of their Signature auctions it would have gone for significantly more. So tough to find a copy.

The census is about the same for all of the early issues (prior to #2.7), outside of #1 and #2.5. They are all insanely hard to find. I was just a little surprised to see an EP copy bring a price in line with what I paid for similar issues in unrestored shape. My unrestored VF range 1.3 (#4), 2.3, 2.4 were all in that price range, give or take a thousand or so.

I guess there is a floor in place, where virtually any copy goes for a certain amount. The grade and resto don't matter nearly as much on books like this as they do on more common items.

Was surprising to me too, but I am still filled with regret for not sticking in one more bid....