• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

And lastly, I must pay tribute to CentaurMan, whose Arrow covers are throwing me into convulsive fits (esp. after all the other incredible material)...

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Too much good stuff on the boards, and a whole batch of new A-MAN church copies up on the Metro site... its a good day to love Centaurs!

But a bad day to be poor... sorry.gif

These funny cover books give little indication of the treasures contained inside. Here's some Gustavson and Burgos

I hope you guys don't mind seeing a little more Guardineer. I know I saw some early Burgos also somewhere but can't find it right now -

1618407-Star7DanHastingsGuardineer1.jpg

The bottom tier with the sunburst background continued across 2 panels is outstanding! Techniques like that were called novel and pioneering in the Silver Age! Plus ça change...

Jack

Here is a book you don't see everyday.

hail.gif **sigh** and to think this is the closest I'll ever get to a copy ...

I'll be getting a good bit closer to it.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I somehow knew that was coming! (good luck, Win 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

Love that Guardineer Dan Hastings, btw...

STEVE

The bottom tier with the sunburst background continued across 2 panels is outstanding! Techniques like that were called novel and pioneering in the Silver Age! Plus ça change...

Jack

I was thinking the same thing...beautiful Guardineer pages! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I've always liked his stylized art on the Zatara & Pep Morgan features in the early Actions. But never seen work quite like this from him.

What book are these pages from, Scrooge?

893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

For those of you who don't know (many already do), I pay october (who lives a few blocks away from me) to scan, grade, check for restoration, bag/board, and box every book I own. So when I get new stuff in, he's the first guy to handle it, and he gets to read everything (if he wants to).

And when the new stuff is nifty, he gets as psyched as I do (if not more, sometimes).

893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

For those of you who don't know (many already do), I pay october (who lives a few blocks away from me) to scan, grade, check for restoration, bag/board, and box every book I own. So when I get new stuff in, he's the first guy to handle it, and he gets to read everything (if he wants to).

And when the new stuff is nifty, he gets as psyched as I do (if not more, sometimes).

It's a tough job, it really is. wink.gif

Actually, some things are tough. He makes me crack all the slabs, which gives me nightmares.

I was thinking the same thing...beautiful Guardineer pages! 893applaud-thumb.gif

gossip.gif The answer to the "Where is it from?" question is always in the File Name.

It's from Star Comics # 5.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif Win. gossip.gif It also would mean it's getting closer to me. Not quite near me but closer still.

S

amazing-man.jpg

Good freakin' freemin' jumpin' jehoshephat!! hail.gif

I snorted milk through my nose and wet myself! blush.gif

What next??? WHAT NEXT???

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

All right, twist my arm.....

Another big shout out to The Man, buttock, for this beaut, which officially completes my run of Funny Pages covers featuring the Arrow:

funnypages41.jpg

Losing that must have really hurt, buttock!

That's another great arrow cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I hope you guys don't mind seeing a little more Guardineer.

I certainly don't. Guardineer IMHO is not a great artist, but he has a wonderful sense of design and his stories read well.