• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Re: Guardineer, I have always really liked the tightness of his work. Very sharp and stylized. I would love to track down some of his work for Centaur, as well as his MOON MAN strip for Timely (MYSTIC).

Here's a double splash by Guardineer from 1937 from Star 7 -

1610652-Star7GuardineerDavidGoliath1937.jpg

1610652-Star7GuardineerDavidGoliath1937.jpg.7e44d3902bf551be2758f135630a740e.jpg

Here's another former book of mine that I was able to reclaim yesterday:

100_1606.jpg

STEVE

Gorgeous copy! A tad homoerotic for my tastes, with the off the shoulder thing going and the laser to the crotch, but other than that... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's another former book of mine that I was able to reclaim yesterday:

100_1606.jpg

STEVE

I can't begin to describe how tough this book is. Actually, I can, with my scarcity index, but I haven't done AMF yet. I imagine it's a 27 or 28, at a minimum. I'm very impressed and jealous, and the only reason why I'm not PM-ing you a huge offer for it is that I know such an effort would be useless.

Gorgeous copy! A tad homoerotic for my tastes, with the off the shoulder thing going and the laser to the crotch, but other than that... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Haha...and this from a fellow who just told a story about having "More Fun" with some "Mystery Men" in the bathroom!!

I can't begin to describe how tough this book is. Actually, I can, with my scarcity index, but I haven't done AMF yet. I imagine it's a 27 or 28, at a minimum.

An AMF Windex scale would be very cool <drool>

STEVE

Speaking of scarce, here's a recent pick-up. Enormous thanks go out to board member buttock for letting me overpay him for this book:

funnypages40.jpg

I love the colors on this book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Haha...and this from a fellow who just told a story about having "More Fun" with some "Mystery Men" in the bathroom!!

Jealous? poke2.gif

Speaking of scarce, here's a recent pick-up. Enormous thanks go out to board member buttock for letting me overpay him for this book:

funnypages40.jpg

BUTTOCK!!!!!! DAN!!!!! frustrated.gif

Congratulations Win. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Really, truly, it hurts.

But if I can contribute to completing his run of centaurs, then so be it. That may have been my favorite book.

But if I can contribute to completing his run of centaurs, then so be it. That may have been my favorite book.

You guys can learn a lot from this buttock fellow, STEVE.

And to be fair to buttock, I made an enormous offer to him. Virtually un-turn-down-able. You guys should definitely let me make you similar offers, STEVE.

You guys can learn a lot from this buttock fellow, STEVE.

And to be fair to buttock, I made an enormous offer to him. Virtually un-turn-down-able. You guys should definitely let me make you similar offers, STEVE.

sign-funnypost.gif

Jealous? poke2.gif

Why you beast, I'll scratch your eyes out!

STEVE