• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Love <3 the cover of AMF V2 n4. That book is at the top of my want list right now. Haven't found a copy yet (but I'm still looking).I think the cover is just a amazing. I love all the color thrown in there. Thanks for posting it.

It's a Clash of the Titans folks.

In this corner we have the reigning champ - jbcomicbox. He's a little box of dynamite I tell ya. And he packs a mighty scanner!

And in this corner we have the up and coming bangzoom. His reputation is spreading like wildfire. Word has it he has bested all with a single post!

And there's the bell...

jb comes out swingin'. A multi centaur combination!! Oh my. How can bang stand the whithering barrage?

Wait a minute. Hold the phone! bang unleashes an amazing and mysterious three book combo of his own! Unbelievable!!!!

There's the bell and the end of round one.

Can jbcomicbox recover? Will bangzoom unveil some new weapon?

Stay tuned fans......

It's a Clash of the Titans folks.

In this corner we have the reigning champ - jbcomicbox. He's a little box of dynamite I tell ya. And he packs a mighty scanner!

And in this corner we have the up and coming bangzoom. His reputation is spreading like wildfire. Word has it he has bested all with a single post!

And there's the bell...

jb comes out swingin'. A multi centaur combination!! Oh my. How can bang stand the whithering barrage?

Wait a minute. Hold the phone! bang unleashes an amazing and mysterious three book combo of his own! Unbelievable!!!!

There's the bell and the end of round one.

Can jbcomicbox recover? Will bangzoom unveil some new weapon?

Stay tuned fans......

:applause:

Tut tut....not a 'competition" but rather a 'celebration' of the books

Competition...Celebration...call it what you will. Stop being humble and start posting some more cool books!

Here's the Cosmic Aeroplane copy of that same book. It's also the copy pictured in the Gerber guides, and if you look, you see the pencil erasure in the middle of the yellow (maybe a misguided attempt to get rid of a check mark?) has been there for quite a while.

amazingmystery10.jpg

My copy appears to have a pencil mark in just about the same spot your copy has the erasure mark. confused.gif

AmazingMysteryFunniesV2n6GA.jpg

Here's the Cosmic Aeroplane copy of that same book. It's also the copy pictured in the Gerber guides, and if you look, you see the pencil erasure in the middle of the yellow (maybe a misguided attempt to get rid of a check mark?) has been there for quite a while.

amazingmystery10.jpg

My copy appears to have a pencil mark in just about the same spot your copy has the erasure mark. confused.gif

what were those kids thinking of back then, marking up comics with pencils...gessh!

great stuff, guys

rick

And of course, it's hard to post Everett AMF books without showing this one again, the Church copy of v2#5. I can't help myself!

amazingmysteryvol25.jpg

I believe Win had left the comic room when I got to this beaut...I hope he won't notice the centerfold is now missing :devil:

seriously though, it is a beaut to hold (and, I believe it was part of the forumn dinner, too?)

gator

hello all...

here is my copy

bar lowered, huh?

gator

I will just have to live vicariously through win and bz and jb...(and ryan, too)

Edited by Detective27Kid