• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

This is technically my first Centaur! I'm looking forward to reading it this weekend. Let's see if I get sucked in and join the legion of Centaur freaks. (Er, no offense to you freaks.) :foryou:

teceyefront.jpg

Welcome to the Freak Parade!!!!

Nice book!!! I wish I owed a copy of #2. This book seems so much harder to find than #1. I don't know why. Love the cover (I seem to like covers where the action is underwater).

Anyway maybe Centaurman could shed more light on this (rarity factor) if he even returns back to the boards!!! Congrats!!!

Just another "Freak".

This is technically my first Centaur! I'm looking forward to reading it this weekend. Let's see if I get sucked in and join the legion of Centaur freaks. (Er, no offense to you freaks.) :foryou:

teceyefront.jpg

Nice! Detective Eye #1 is an easy book to find, for a Centaur, but #2 can be surprisingly tough. Great job!

edit: That's funny, I posted right as Blind Owl was writing his message. B.O. is spot on.

Edited by CentaurMan

teceyefront.jpg

Nice! Detective Eye #1 is an easy book to find, for a Centaur, but #2 can be surprisingly tough. Great job!

edit: That's funny, I posted right as Blind Owl was writing his message. B.O. is spot on.

Wecome back Centaurman!!! I think most of us have missed your wisdom and great comic scans here!!!

Thanks, but I have less wisdom than you think. I just highlight it a lot and spread it around nice and thin. :)

I'm trying to catch up on the boards, but I head off on business travel again throughout November, so participation will be spotty. Plus, my main man Andy (october) has gone off to business school, leaving me without a scanner, so my recent purchases will have to go unscanned for a while.

Hey, Win - Do you miss your Action? When do you expect to get it back?

I know I'd have separation anxiety!

where is it?? (shrug)

it is on loan to a museum...

rick

where is it?? (shrug)

rick

Ah!

Thanks,

Some place in New Jersey I believe, Bill. Pretty cool to have a book in a museum - I just hope he gets it back in time for the next Chicago forum dinner!

where is it?? (shrug)

rick

Ah!

Thanks,

Some place in New Jersey I believe, Bill. Pretty cool to have a book in a museum - I just hope he gets it back in time for the next Chicago forum dinner!

That is very cool Gary. I got to see his Action 1 at Chicago two years ago, but only briefly. I am looking forward to an extended visit with it next time. :wishluck:

where is it?? (shrug)

rick

Ah!

Thanks,

That is very cool Gary. I got to see his Action 1 at Chicago two years ago, but only briefly. I am looking forward to an extended visit with it next time. :wishluck:

Montclair Art Museum in Montclair NJ. The formal opening for the comic book community was last month and they threw quite a shindig honoring artists like Murphy Anderson, Joe Kubert, Joe Simon Irwin Hasen and a few others.

where is it?? (shrug)

rick

Ah!

Thanks,

what just one dern minute...I have been planning a visit with your newly potentially aquired action 1 that you should have by next year?...what gives?

gator

where is it?? (shrug)

rick

Ah!

Thanks,

Montclair Art Museum in Montclair NJ. The formal opening for the comic book community was last month and they threw quite a shindig honoring artists like Murphy Anderson, Joe Kubert, Joe Simon Irwin Hasen and a few others.

i be there.....here is a picture i took of Murphy..... i will let one of you computer whizs figure how to rotate it once it is uploaded....

jb

46652-murphyphoto.jpg.eeff9d328b364e652bdaa181c886050c.jpg

i be there.....here is a picture i took of Murphy..... i will let one of you computer whizs figure how to rotate it once it is uploaded....

jb

Murphy Anderson fans -- get over to the Survivor thread on General and stop this travesty!

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES

You may choose 2 (145 total votes)

Neal Adams 6 04%

Murphy Anderson 22 15%

John Buscema 5 03%

Gene Colan 13 9%

Steve Ditko 4 3%

Bill Everett 26 18%

Russ Heath 10 7%

Carmine Infantino 14 10%

Gil Kane 2 01%

Jack Kirby 3 02%

Joe Kubert 0 0%

John Romita Sr 6 04%

John Severin 15 10%

Jim Steranko 2 01%

Alex Toth 12 08%

Wally Wood 5 03%

8 votes for Severin would do it! Or 9 for his frequent partner Infantino.

Anderson not in the top 10 SA artists just plain puzzles me.

Jack