• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Just a joke. I've known Jon for years.

But if he did ...

Nice copies!!!! :golfclap: I need Star Ranger #1 also, but I seem to find it more available than #6 for some reason. With those two issues I'll have all the Jumbo sized Star Ranger books!!!

Hey Bang-Zoom; Is there anything you don't have? I mean do you have a want list?

Just wondering!!!

Okay before listing Stars, here is a Chesler from 1938 which I include in my overall "pre-Centaurs"...jon

one of the best Biro covers, in my opinion

rick

I forgot about this article I wrote. Since we are mentioning Chesler ...here is Scoop's reproduction of the article I did for CBM on Harry Chesler....the article had many scans. History buffs only....The other remarkable thing is that he perserved most of the art from the second era. Jon

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=558&si=124

I forgot about this article I wrote. Since we are mentioning Chesler ...here is Scoop's reproduction of the article I did for CBM on Harry Chesler....the article had many scans. History buffs only....The other remarkable thing is that he perserved most of the art from the second era. Jon

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=558&si=124

great history lesson!

thanks

rick

Fantastic books!!!

Never seen that Coco-Malt before, didn't even know it existed. That's got to be a one-of-a-kind book. OK maybe two of a kind book (gerber 9 or 10?).

Star comics #11 is amazing too. Never saw that cover before in all it's glory. All I can say is WOW!!!!!! (worship)

I hate to ask but I am really loving these Star Comics scans, The fact is I could be in seventh heaven looking at every single one of them. But I don't want to be greedy as regards to this thread. But I would like a see a few more if it wouldn't be too much trouble. One in particular is Star Comics #2. Not an easy book, I think I've only seen it once online and don't even remember where, but I'd love to see that one.

:wishluck:

Here's my copy:

cocomalt.jpg

It's really a tremendous book. Lots of good, short features by all the classic Centaur artists, plus recurring guest appearances by Joe Penner. Scrooge would love it. Lots of google-worthy stuff.

However, I'm pretty positive it's not as scarce as Gerber makes it out to be. I've seen 3 copies for sale since I got mine a few years back.

Now THIS one, unlike Cocomalt, is a pretty darn tough book. Probably the most obscure Bill Everett comic cover.

unclejoesfunnies.jpg

"Uncle Joe" was the name Centaur editor Joe Hardie used in his letters to the kid readers typically on the inside front cover of many Centaur issues. This book has the proportions of a typical comic book but is smaller.

I would like a see a few more if it wouldn't be too much trouble. One in particular is Star Comics #2. Not an easy book, I think I've only seen it once online and don't even remember where, but I'd love to see that one.

:wishluck:

Here ya go! One of those great oddball Ryan covers, oversized:

starcomics2.jpg