• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Here is one you do not see often....as a 'public service' if there are any requests for covers, let me know (CMO? Uncle Joe's Funnies?)......jb

(if it be known, i am trying to figure out my new scanner and uploading with this new Board system)

42252-aman26smaller.jpg.20e8dfa44a8ffeb51fbb6b86e0afb7d8.jpg

Edited by jbcomicbox

aman 26 is my Centaur "grail" right now...any help from anyone in locating a copy (win need's one too, I believe) ,will be forever appreciated!!!!

gator

Very nice!! I know this book is almost impossible to locate. I haven't been seeking out Centaurs as long as most of you on these boards (only about 4 years now) and there seem to be so many that just NEVER come up for sale. This is another one I've never seen up for sale anywhere!!! It's fantastic!!!

Jon, I know others here probably don't care for them very much but I have a few of the Star Ranger books (2 thru 5) and I'd like to see a scan of issue #6. Also if it wasn't too much trouble #2 as well just to compare as all the issues I've seen of this (I used to have two copies myself) and have not seen ANY copies above VG/FN 5.0. I've been wondering if any exist above VG. :cool:

Very nice!! I know this book is almost impossible to locate. I haven't been seeking out Centaurs as long as most of you on these boards (only about 4 years now) and there seem to be so many that just NEVER come up for sale. This is another one I've never seen up for sale anywhere!!! It's fantastic!!!

Jon, I know others here probably don't care for them very much but I have a few of the Star Ranger books (2 thru 5) and I'd like to see a scan of issue #6. Also if it wasn't too much trouble #2 as well just to compare as all the issues I've seen of this (I used to have two copies myself) and have not seen ANY copies above VG/FN 5.0. I've been wondering if any exist above VG. :cool:

Here are the two oversized books.......

42262-starrang2scan.jpg.91329f9bb5a0fb8e198aaca65fadf12c.jpg

42263-starrang6scan.jpg.c8b8a5364140973b81be58151a843084.jpg

Wow!!!! Thanks Jon.

Your Star Ranger #2 is easily the best copy I've seen yet!!!! I've seen about 7 or 8 copies of this book and with the exception of the Lost Valley copy which I own, they are all around FR/GD or at best GD/VG (2.5). It's really great to see your copy, it's a fantastic book. IAs for issue #6 I've been looking for a long time now and your copy is the first I've seen outside of Gerber's Guide book. Really nice and really tough book to locate (for me anyway). :pullhair:

I think maybe a lot of collector's are put off by the 1st six issues of Star Ranger & Star Comics because these books are large sized approx. 8 1/2 x 11 and therefore seem mis-matched with the other comics they might collect. But I really like some of the stories and art in these books and the Fred Schwab covers on the Star Rangers. Appreciate you posting these for me..

Wow!!!! Thanks Jon.

Your Star Ranger #2 is easily the best copy I've seen yet!!!! I've seen about 7 or 8 copies of this book and with the exception of the Lost Valley copy which I own, they are all around FR/GD or at best GD/VG (2.5). It's really great to see your copy, it's a fantastic book. IAs for issue #6 I've been looking for a long time now and your copy is the first I've seen outside of Gerber's Guide book. Really nice and really tough book to locate (for me anyway). :pullhair:

I think maybe a lot of collector's are put off by the 1st six issues of Star Ranger & Star Comics because these books are large sized approx. 8 1/2 x 11 and therefore seem mis-matched with the other comics they might collect. But I really like some of the stories and art in these books and the Fred Schwab covers on the Star Rangers. Appreciate you posting these for me..

I agree. I think their size makes them more collectible. As for what you have "not seen outside of the Gerber guides", that is how Ernie and I met....I had many of the Centaur and pre-Centaurs which he was looking for and he could shoot all in one place...Check the upper paragraph on the acknowlegement page. Since 1988 (is it already twenty years?!), the "white space" books have been acquired.....

JB....

I would humbly offer my services to group shot photo your centaurs for you :)

I had a WONDERFUL time at Win's last week, and can only imagine an equally fun time should you ever want something like that done...

gator (figured it can't hurt to ask!)

Jon, I wouldn't mind seeing a few issues of Star Comics as well as I find these very difficult to locate in any kind of grade.Thanks!!!

This is the only mile high i have of the Star Comics. It is special seeing a big book in high grade. Jon

oh, by the way, this Jumbo 9 would end anyone's prejudice against 'oversized' books....

42266-star3.jpg.a8537f7ab684cb971e90e4116b26472c.jpg

42268-1scanjumbo9.jpg.323631de76e41910314e7de7ac153c6e.jpg

Edited by jbcomicbox

I find that distinctiveness between the Biro animal covers and the Ryan animal covers to be wonderful...Win pointed this out to me, and the almost humanesque Ryan work is such a nice change of pace from the Biro covers, but my fav is Gustavson (that same "hair" flyback trademark is what I look for)

rick

Anytime, but i am far away...

Look at this link under Star and Star Ranger for Ryan art (have the gallery be alphabetical) and look under the category for "GA splashes" for Funny Picture Stories for a wonderful centerfold (and for the hardcore check out Fred Schwab's stuff. Yup a page from Star Ranger 1 and Star Comics 2. jb

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?Page=2&GSub=5092&Order=Title

yep, I love schwab as well!....it is a shame I waited so long to really enjoy the superb work that was right there under my nose!

so happy I have really seen an Aman 26....thanks for sharing!...

gator

We talked about this book not that long ago. Absolutely gorgeous.

When you upgrade, I've got dibs. :wishluck:

42266-star3.jpg