• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

rick....you....are....a....machine!!!

a very broke machine! but thank you!

How do you reconcile that comment with this thread: "Will I finally win an Action 1?"

Money printing machine? hm(shrug)

How do you reconcile that comment with this thread: "Will I finally win an Action 1?"

lol I have 3 months to sell stuff (shrug)

Renting books instead of collecting them.....I should try that. hm

Nice Jumbo in particular. I've always liked that cover.

Renting books instead of collecting them.....I should try that. hm

Nice Jumbo in particular. I've always liked that cover.

lol that is perfect..."renting"....I never thought of it like that....naturally, my initial intentions were to "keep" all my books, and only sell as I upgrade (or downgrade), but I'll be darned if there is just not too many books I want, and not enough money to get them all....so I have to sacrifice the books now, that I "hope" I can re procure later, to get the books now, that I might not later have a shot at later ...so, I will go where the tide takes me!

KDF 2/4 :wishluck:

It's definitely quite a bit tougher to collect books without sacrificing books to do it. The "churn & burn" strategy you implement can be a bit off-putting to those of us who move maybe 2% of our collection in a given year.

But it is fun to see the scans. :)

It's definitely quite a bit tougher to collect books without sacrificing books to do it. The "churn & burn" strategy you implement can be a bit off-putting to those of us who move maybe 2% of our collection in a given year.

But it is fun to see the scans. :)

:sorry:

2005 and 2006 I didn't "have" to sell a single book (had plenty of reserve).... (thumbs u

2007 I did sell the Batman run, but as originally presented on the boards, that was a run I was buying for a customer, so I don't really "count" that as me selling, as I only absorbed the run after financial issues arose...

but yes, 2008, has become the year of the "refocus" my collecting and "burn" what doesn't fit...but I am only trying to sell books that I think I can readily re procure, as my finances allow , because so darned many books keep showing up, books that are more unique...

I have realized that, unfortunately for me, I can't afford to keep all the books I want/have purchased (and with the action figure market taking a big downturn this year, I am not in the same position I was even 2 years ago)...I guess with a little more foresight and planning, I could have avoided this pitfall, but having been out of comic buying for 10 years (1995-2005), I just got a little excited (ok, a LOT) and like a kid in a candy store, I wanted everything .... I bought the "wrong" books, meaning I didn't prioritize my purchases and didn't have a contingency plan for the "big" books, and I have pretty much paid FMV on everything I have purchased (if I had of accumulated these books over the years, as many have, then I would likely not have spent what I did, and could keep them, and be less "off putting" )

but, I am still having fun, so until it stops being fun for me, I push forward!

Whoops, I hope I didn't come off as too critical in the prior post. :wishluck: I was just commenting on differences in collecting styles and didn't mean to pass judgment as much as it sounded like I was.

You da man, Rick. (thumbs u Seriously!

Whoops, I hope I didn't come off as too critical in the prior post. :wishluck: I was just commenting on differences in collecting styles and didn't mean to pass judgment as much as it sounded like I was.

You da man, Rick. (thumbs u Seriously!

I didn't take it that way (thumbs u , but figured it was a good opening for me "explain" my current trend (I have gotten more than 1 PM inquiring why I would or had to sell Caps or MMC, or Tecs, etc)... at heart, I am as pure of a collector as most, I would hope, but in the wallet and in the patience department, I am not :(

I have overspent, and I now I have to rectify that ! I will take the lumps (cuz trust me, it hurts me to sell any book I have bought, second guessing if I can reprocure later) and maybe be a little smarter in the future (but, maybe not lol )

folks know that I love the genre to the point that I plan trips around viewing my peers collections (win's last year before chi town, pons con, parker's for geeking and football, this summer going to H-town for a game and bedrock geeking, heading to SD a day early to hopefully coordinate with STEVE and ronaldo etc, planning a MN con trip)...going to visit JBcomicbox and adam strange next month...I am just a "geek" (and, I still to this day, regret not being able to attend rarehighgrade's get together last summer)

so, it is all good !

Yeah, welcome to the boards!! Always good to have another Centaur madman to post more Centaurs!!! Nice book to start out with!!! (thumbs u

Looking forward to seeing more of your Centaur collection!!!

P.S.- You wouldn't have any Star Ranger books you can scan!!! Would you!!! :wishluck:

Thanks!

I don't have any Star Rangers and only 2 Star Comics. I do however have an Amazing Man #22.

54362-am22rest.jpg.363e213b2ec8b675b5dae27400160db5.jpg

Top row has some Centaurs to entertain 1 of our newest members: Mr. Danker.

P2100010.jpg

You've got three (3) copies of the last issue of Funny Picture Stories??? :o

Nice books all!!!!

Love that Aman #22 also!!! (thumbs u