• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Comic Art vs. Comic Books - Wall Street Analysis

209 posts in this topic

....Oh jeezus,....I just soiled myself,..... blush.gif
screwy.gif

...hey in all fairness I thought it was going to be a toot,....but I got so damn excited ,..well you know,..... crazy.gif

Men "fart"...Women "toot". sumo.gif

Justiceleaguer,

OA nowadays is generally returned to the artist. However, in the past it was deemed a 'work for hire' and the owner became the publisher (although this issue has been an issue of considerable dispute between artists and publishers). Depending on the artist,..there are various stories of 'legal claim' ---For example, Kirby contested that Marvel owned his art, Ditko conceeded that Marvel owned the art, and Romita had most of his personally returned to him by Marvel. It really depends on the Contract/ Custom in Industry at time of performance,..etc....

Are insurance costs really going to be all that much for stuff that's not going to leave the house? My wife's $25K engagement ring (or so it was appraised) adds about $500 a year to my policy, but I'd think jewelry that is worn into the outside world is going to be a lot more expensive to insure (de to muggings, car jackings, etc.) than art that is kept locked in your home (and that is going to be a real brute for someone to sell given that it's one-of-a-kind and easily traced). [i don't have a special rider for my comics. I have some sort of automatic theft thing that's probably too small -- like $5K -- for household possessions. So I don't know how much tacking $50K in "collectibles" insurance will cost.

Besides,..Im immature and act like a 10 year old,..what use could I be ?

Anyway, you just told everyone that you own the original artwork for Wonder Woman 199.

Are you implying that you owned all those OTHER covers as well?

Could you post a picture/scan of the WW 199?