• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,646 posts in this topic

A recent Ebay pickup that's a little early to be considered Silver Age (1954), but what the heck.

Curt Swan cover. Love the colors and the composition of this one.

Tomahawk22.jpg

A recent Ebay pickup that's a little early to be considered Silver Age (1954), but what the heck.

Curt Swan cover. Love the colors and the composition of this one.

Tomahawk22.jpg

I like Curt Swan's art from this time period -- less stiff than his later work. (thumbs u

Grail aquired!!!

Finally, after many years of searching for a nice copy, I have one of my Kirby grails...RACE FOR THE MOON #2. This issue has a really cool (and rare) Kirby/Williamson cover and a fantastic story..."The Face on Mars". I wonder if this is where Richard Hoagland got the idea....

Bill

RFTM_02.jpg

Grail aquired!!!

Finally, after many years of searching for a nice copy, I have one of my Kirby grails...RACE FOR THE MOON #2. This issue has a really cool (and rare) Kirby/Williamson cover and a fantastic story..."The Face on Mars". I wonder if this is where Richard Hoagland got the idea....

Bill

RFTM_02.jpg

I have never seen that cover before, very nice (thumbs u

Grail aquired!!!

Bill

RFTM_02.jpg

Very cool book! Never heard of it, but that's a sweet cover. Congrats on a ending a long search!

Overstreet has the following to say about it:

"Kirby/Williamson-c®/a(3); Kirby -p 7 more stys."

To which I reply: "Huh?"

Any idea what all that means?

I will take a wack at it...

This issue has a cover and 3 stories with Kirby pencils & Williamson inks, with an additional 7 pages of Kirby art that were not inked by Williamson.

Only thing that puzzles me is the "®". I would think that means a reprint, but I believe this is all original material.

Bill

Just in time for Christmas...another GRAIL!!!

SHOW_20.jpg

A great book with a wonderful Moreria cover and art...one of the most underrated Silver Age keys.

Congrats! Yes, it's underrated, but I have yet to find a midgrade copy under guide, so it's not necessarily overlooked.

Of the 13 early SA tryout features (in Showcase or Brave and the Bold) that went on to get their own magazines, Rip Hunter was one of the earliest, predating Green Lantern, Hawkman, Atom, and others. It was also one of the coolest ideas.