• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 2

200 posts in this topic

I don't know if the smileys in the PMs mean anything. I certainly don't plan on worrying about it. My guess is they are random

Don't mean anything?? DON'T MEAN ANYTHING??? :frustrated:

I didn't say "they don't mean anything"-- I said I don't know if they mean anything. There is a big difference imo

qfrz4pM.jpg

I don't know if the smileys in the PMs mean anything. I certainly don't plan on worrying about it. My guess is they are random

Don't mean anything?? DON'T MEAN ANYTHING??? :frustrated:

I didn't say "they don't mean anything"-- I said I don't know if they mean anything. There is a big difference imo

qfrz4pM.jpg

There's a similar scene in the movie Screwballs.

LARGEST JUMP UP THE STANDINGS SO FAR: 64 spots :acclaim:

LARGEST DROP: 78 spots :eek:

Which one is you? hm:hi:

No one is out of it based on a bad first round! It's still anyone's game! :sumo:

No one is out of it based on a bad first round! It's still anyone's game! :sumo:

I'll take some comfort in the knowledge that it's mathematically impossible for me to drop 78 spots.

Do those of us that missed getting our 1st round grades in still qualify for the competition or do you need all 10 rounds?

You're fine. What you end up with as a Final Score is the most important criteria as it determines your choosing order in the Prize Drawing after the Contest.

There may be an award for people who never miss a round or never get a negative score, etc...but I wouldn't worry about those.

That's what you have to remember about these contests.

We are *not* grading books or attempting to prove who is the best grader, we are simply trying to see who is the best at half-predicting/half-guessing what grade CGC gave to that particular book at that one particular point in time.

You're trying to be Kreskin, not Bob Overstreet. Remember that, and you'll be alright.

This is why I've never understood people's comments about "well I would have graded it such and such". This isn't a contest about what YOU would grade a book. Because frankly no one gives a damn what YOU would grade it. This is about what CGC would grade it.

:cool:

Now that I understand the game a bit more, I hope to do better. This really is a lot of fun! :grin:

Certainly can't do that much worse than the first round though! lol! :tonofbricks:

Come on people lets get the grades in before

Game of Thrones starts. I'm not sure what condition I'll be in afterwards

lol

I was thinking before the NBA Finals come on...

Either way, let's go! This has been really fun so far!

I'm thinking I was tied for 57th place before, so moving "UP" 64 places would put me 7 spots above the ceiling. hm