• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2016, July 20-24, San Diego, Ca.

319 posts in this topic

I just received this for all of my family's other's emails (only won one group 2):

Thank you for participating in Ace Parking's 2016 Comic-Con lottery.

Due to the high volume of entries received and the limited number of spaces available, we regret to inform you that this email address was not among the group selected to purchase a parking permit for the event.

We are currently planing to open the system to the public on June 13th to sell any remaining inventory that is available. Follow our FAQ page for future announcements ---> http://www.aceparking.com/comic-con/

Sincerely,

-The Ace Parking Team

I just received this for all of my family's other's emails (only won one group 2):

Due to the high volume of entries received and the limited number of spaces available, we regret to inform you that this email address was not among the group selected to purchase a parking permit for the event.

We are currently planing to open the system to the public on June 13th to sell any remaining inventory that is available. Follow our FAQ page for future announcements ---> http://www.aceparking.com/comic-con/

Sincerely,

-The Ace Parking Team

Well, that truly sucks. I suspect I'll be in the same boat. :mad:

Sincerely,

-The Ace Parking Team

Just walk, you lazy arse.

Sincerely,

-The Ace Parking Team

Just walk, you lazy arse.

I'm 6 miles away this year, so walking ain't gonna happen. On the plus side, I just bought parking at Horton Plaza for $10 a day. Which is kind of hilarious, because guess who handles parking at Horton Plaza...

Yep, Ace Parking.

QUESTION: I have a friend who has 2 tickets to 2016's San Diego Comic Con for Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun (4 Days) registered to 2 male names, and found out they could not attend the show...

...I believe the tickets are non-transferable. Yet, I see them sell at a rough secondary market value of about $1,000-$1,500 for each 4 day pass on eBay.

Is is safe as a seller to sell the tickets, without negative repercussions and risks of fraud/theft from a buyer?

It sounds like they're mailing out the passes, so it's just a matter of sending the tickets out, as opposed to going to the convention and showing your ID to get your badge printed out, as in the past.

Also, as a buyer paying that much, knowing the check in / check out system at Comic Con and possibility of having to show an ID at any given point, is there risks involved as a buyer?

I'm just wondering what's the best way to reasonably monetize the resale of tickets?

The risk to the buyer is that if you ever are asked to show ID, that will probably be the end of your Comic-Con.

The risk to the seller is that if the buyer ever has to show ID, the seller may be banned from obtaining passes in the future.

Comic Con is so over crowded, no need to stand in line, just wait a few hours after the show and walk right in.

A few hours? Usually just takes 15 minutes after the open and then you can walk right in. I deal with the crowds in San Diego but rarely wait in line more than five minutes for anything. Time is too valuable to waste waiting in line, and no panel is worth wasting hours in line for.

First time going to SDCC! Any suggestions? Tips? When do they start sending out the passes?

This is the first year ever they have sent passes out in advance, so I'm not sure of that, but maybe it was announced somewhere. If you are interested in the programming keep in mind the popular panels fill up quickly and people can wait for hours, even days to get in, so you may want to plan accordingly. Personally I skip all of those as I'm not into wasting time in line with so much else going on. The crowds can be overwhelming, but if you are interested in actual comic books, that area is the least crowded and actually comfortable to walk around in, for the most part. There is food all over inside the convention center, but it is not high quality and is very expensive, so maybe pack things to drink and eat. Outside of the convention center is almost as fun as inside, as the con has expanded outside for blocks in every direction these days with all kinds of things going on in the surrounding streets. Bring comfortable shoes, bring something to carry all of your loot. Bring more money that you think you'll need as you'll see all kinds of things you never thought existed before that you'll just have to buy.

Edit:

New for 2016! Comic-Con will ship badges in advance to all professionals, trade professionals, press, and attendees who purchased a badge during Attendee Preregistration or Open Online Registration. Badges will begin shipping in late June. All badges will be shipped at least 3 - 4 weeks prior to July 20, 2016.

First time going to SDCC! Any suggestions? Tips? When do they start sending out the passes?

This is the first year ever they have sent passes out in advance, so I'm not sure of that, but maybe it was announced somewhere. If you are interested in the programming keep in mind the popular panels fill up quickly and people can wait for hours, even days to get in, so you may want to plan accordingly. Personally I skip all of those as I'm not into wasting time in line with so much else going on. The crowds can be overwhelming, but if you are interested in actual comic books, that area is the least crowded and actually comfortable to walk around in, for the most part. There is food all over inside the convention center, but it is not high quality and is very expensive, so maybe pack things to drink and eat. Outside of the convention center is almost as fun as inside, as the con has expanded outside for blocks in every direction these days with all kinds of things going on in the surrounding streets. Bring comfortable shoes, bring something to carry all of your loot. Bring more money that you think you'll need as you'll see all kinds of things you never thought existed before that you'll just have to buy.

Edit:

New for 2016! Comic-Con will ship badges in advance to all professionals, trade professionals, press, and attendees who purchased a badge during Attendee Preregistration or Open Online Registration. Badges will begin shipping in late June. All badges will be shipped at least 3 - 4 weeks prior to July 20, 2016.

Thanks for the info!! Comics are the main reason I am going so your suggestions are duly noted. Anyone else?

So if I was never able to get "affordable" housing ($350 or less a night), wondering what to do with my badge...

Why didn't you go for one of the early bird hotels? They were way cheaper than $350 a night.