• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2016, July 20-24, San Diego, Ca.

319 posts in this topic

I just received an e-mail saying the badges have been mailed through USPS first class and to expect to receive them within three to five business days. Mailed in batches so not everybody will receive theirs at the same time.

I just received an e-mail saying the badges have been mailed through USPS first class and to expect to receive them within three to five business days. Mailed in batches so not everybody will receive theirs at the same time.
When did they start mailing them out again?

Pros have been in the mail for a week or more, attendees are just starting in the last day or so
I get them from a dealer so I just pick it up at the show.

It's been a while since I bought regular tickets. When I was buying them, they stopped sending it out to attendees and everyone had to get them at the show.

How recently did they start to send them out again? (shrug)

This year.
Oh, I guess they wanted to save time for the attendees.

I wonder if there is going to be any ID verification at all this year.

Yeah I was wondering about the ID stuff a bunch too - seems like there will have to be at least spot checking but we'll see

Yes, will be interesting. Of course there is all kinds of speculation going around saying this will make scalping tickets much easier, but it is yet to be seen what the process is with the tickets in hand once we get to the show. ECCC was VERY easy as plastic tickets were mailed out, and upon walking into the show for the first time you are just handed a lanyard and small goody bag. No ID or verification at all. In SDCC I'm wondering if there is some kind of system when arriving for the first time where we need to show ID in order to acquire the badge holder. Keep in mind, mention was made of badges being shipped out, but the badge holder has always been a big part of the puzzle, and no word on that part yet that I have seen. Never once in 24 years have I just shown a paper ticket. It's always been the ticket inside the specific colored badge holder.

Does anyone ever take "orders" from boarders for some of the exclusive SDCC items? There's no way I can go and there's a few thing that caught my eye, Saga exclusives, and figured I'd ask so I could keep a look out. Didn't know if this was frowned upon or not, just trying to find someone to pick some stuff up for me. lol

If anyone has extra badges (or one that is no longer going to be used because the stars aligned against you), I'm looking for a Friday and Saturday guest badge (not an exhibitor badge). I have Thurs and Sunday and would like to fill out the missing days. PM me if you're willing to help a fellow boardie out.

Does anyone ever take "orders" from boarders for some of the exclusive SDCC items? There's no way I can go and there's a few thing that caught my eye, Saga exclusives, and figured I'd ask so I could keep a look out. Didn't know if this was frowned upon or not, just trying to find someone to pick some stuff up for me. lol

There are usually threads under "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area" with items from SDCC for sale. You should check that area the days of the con as items tend to sell fairly quickly after they are listed.