• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

Dre is it regular stock for the cover?Are the other boxes you opened coming back with good grades? Just asking if they did a good job protecting the books..

Regular cover stock cover. For the most part the books are good but I couldnt grade one of the B/Ws I had (WD) because it had back cover damage on the spine.

Looking at all ten comics in each box set there seemed to be a couple I wouldn't grade to various reasons.

Ok..... Let me know when you get a 10.0.

:baiting:

So I ended up picking up 80 box sets total - opened up all the unsold box sets plus the ones I got for myself, at CGC yesterday (16 I think) so I could sub some books. Ended up with a few B/W box sets, no golden tickets. But I did get this -

DE62F14D-0DE7-4B2A-9631-A5CFB25B6339_zpss7jo6qzp.jpg

Dre, out of the 16 that you opened (if I'm reading this right) how many are b/w??

Just trying to grasp an estimated ratio between reg and b/w

I think I heard of someone opening 8 and got 0....sounds like a massive roll of the dice.

So what are you thinking based on the hear say......... two hundred? three hundred? more?

If it is low where does this fit in with other low print runs in the series.

Any ideal where the market will settle on 9.8?

6-7 hundred? More? Less?

Edit.....seems like more on ebay every day......

I was 0 for 2

You talking about Skybound boxes or attempts to get Richie drunk and defile him?

tough to even find someone selling sealed ones anymore. lol not going to buy someones opened one on eBay, since hoping for that ticket is maybe like 75% why i wanna buy one :P

But but but....they are doing you a favor by "inspecting the contents for damage" first. (thumbs u

Responsible and all that. :tonofbricks:

tough to even find someone selling sealed ones anymore. lol not going to buy someones opened one on eBay, since hoping for that ticket is maybe like 75% why i wanna buy one :P

But but but....they are doing you a favor by "inspecting the contents for damage" first. (thumbs u

Responsible and all that. :tonofbricks:

I like the ones who write.. "only opened to take pictures" lol

I saw one that said only opened to check version (color).....200-250 bw sounds about right....heck it might even be 100......that woman that got 2 tickets....how about shuffling those boxes before selling them.

I saw one that said only opened to check version (color).....200-250 bw sounds about right....heck it might even be 100......that woman that got 2 tickets....how about shuffling those boxes before selling them.

That last sentence...

I heard that several times lol

Boxes were shuffled, how it happened? No idea. Lightning strikes twice I guess?

even with shuffling, statistically sometimes there will be two in a row or very near each other. that's the point of the shuffling.