• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

I think I became an insider last year to get mystery boxes. Man I love Skybounds promotions.

With 3 on the way from Dre, all with B&W's and the WD1 golden ticket in one of the boxes, I'll let you guys have the rest. :devil:

Who am I kidding, the mailman will probably leave them in the rain and destroy the contents... lol

Can I pose a question to those participating to this topic thread...

How much additional value to you think the signed Kirkman label added to these CGC'd comics?

For example... WD #1 CGC 9.8 Blue label currently sells for just over 2K... how much would this unique Kirkman signed label add to the value?

Is it silly to consider these comics 1 of a kind (or 2 or 3 depending on the book) or is the signed label just a nice plus?

How much additional value to you think the signed Kirkman label added to these CGC'd comics?

For example... WD #1 CGC 9.8 Blue label currently sells for just over 2K... how much would this unique Kirkman signed label add to the value?

Is it silly to consider these comics 1 of a kind (or 2 or 3 depending on the book) or is the signed label just a nice plus?

I'd hope it wouldn't be a whole lot more than a regular SS.

I'd hope it wouldn't be a whole lot more than a regular SS.

I think it would be a lot more as it's one of a kind, and the best of both worlds (universal and Signature Series). The book is untouched itself, so it will appeal to sig and non-sig collectors alike. 2c

it is the rarest CGC/SS there is for WD 1...unless they open up to having other CGC/SS on the label it should command the top price. I wonder if you could add sigs to the label down the road.

I agree this 1 of 1 should be the highest value 9.8 2c

I would say no less then 5k

5k? :o

Easily IMO

hm

I'm torn, I dunno if it'd breach 3k imo. Afterall it is just a signed WD #1 which there are plenty of now adays. Even if the label is signed, the book itself isn't signed so I'm not sure if that'd generate more interest/bids or less. (shrug)

Jerome

it is the rarest CGC/SS there is for WD 1...unless they open up to having other CGC/SS on the label it should command the top price. I wonder if you could add sigs to the label down the road.

You can't - this is a custom one-off, created specifically at Kirkman's behest. If the slab is cracked, you'll end up with a regular blue label WD #1.