• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

:gossip: Skybound finally put up some of the SDCC swag on their online store!

5th Anniversary Boxes are $80 plus $12 shipping CONUS and limited to 1 per person. Go get them...

Didn't someone already do this in the thread??

-shawn

So I ended up picking up 80 box sets total - opened up all the unsold box sets plus the ones I got for myself, at CGC yesterday (16 I think) so I could sub some books. Ended up with a few B/W box sets, no golden tickets. But I did get this -

DE62F14D-0DE7-4B2A-9631-A5CFB25B6339_zpss7jo6qzp.jpg

WOW Dre that is lovely! Congrats after all your hard work during the con.

5th Anniversary Boxes are $80 plus $12 shipping CONUS and limited to 1 per person. Go get them...

Don't see them. :( I only see Rick Astley, I even waited till the video ended thinking they'd have the link to buy the boxes. :cry:

Naw but for real, I can't find them on their site. You messing with me E? :baiting: Noob

Didn't someone already do this in the thread??

-shawn

Originality for the win? Baaaaaaah

There were plenty of unsold boxes left at the Skybound booth on Sunday - seems a bit silly to overpay for something that's not sold out and will be available at retail shortly :shrug:

:golfclap:

i hope they limit it per person when it hits their site

guess we'll see if/when they show up on Skybound's site.

I'd like to see 2 per customer limit on their site...

I wasn't at SDCC and didn't get to see how many were left at the end of the con....so I bought a couple over retail.

Unfortunately no one was selling them on the boards for $80 during the con. And it remains to be seen what will happen when they show up on the website.

WD comic book collectors confuse me. There were a lot of complaints last year about the wizard world #1 city reprints of the #1 issue and now these are anniversary #1's are fetching hundreds of dollars. I'd take a guess 3 k was about what the print runs of the WW #1's and some of these as well.

I haven't heard a number over 2k for the Skybound boxsets...including the B/W versions.

Ok still its another #1 reprint that is getting instinct 100 dollar bills. How many #1 reprints have there been. Oh well just was pointing out the inconsistency. lol

There were plenty of unsold boxes left at the Skybound booth on Sunday - seems a bit silly to overpay for something that's not sold out and will be available at retail shortly :shrug:

:golfclap:

i hope they limit it per person when it hits their site

Have they limited things in the past? There clearly wasn't a limit at the con and the last "mystery" box they did I don't think there was a limit on that one either. Would expect no limit this time...

I haven't heard a number over 2k for the Skybound boxsets...including the B/W versions.

Ok still its another #1 reprint that is getting instinct 100 dollar bills. How many #1 reprints have there been. Oh well just was pointing out the inconsistency. lol

I think it's the 'chance' of getting a #1 CGC/SS that is driving the sales, not the reprints themselves.

Guess some were afraid of missing a chance at a golden ticket....it was in the back of my mind. Most of us like the thrill of chance.

Guess some were afraid of missing a chance at a golden ticket....it was in the back of my mind. Most of us like the thrill of chance.

i was thinking about buying one... i really like gambling lol... but paying double retail is when the logical side of my brain kicks in... paying 150-160 only to get a color set and being able to sell it for 70... no thanks... im gonna wait to see if they show up on the skybound site or pass...