• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

This was his response to me, I'm totally baffled:

Dear cujobyte29,

No its not resealed. The black and white sets were given to us at the Skybound retailer. Breakfast.

- hypnocomics

There was walking dead #144 and outcast #10 black and white exclusives handed out at the lunch...... That's confusing what they are talking about lol

I posed the question, and responded the Black and White sets were randomly inserted. Still hasn't gotten back to me on why the title says black and white but he is saying they are for a color set. If I had that kind of disposable income, I would buy them and open them, and return them as not as described. You know they would fight it tooth and nail and then ebay would refund the money anyway.

I considered this as well (buy, look for ticket or b/w, return if color) but meh, too much hassle for me.

Even if you did that, isn't $350 over priced for a B&W set?

There was walking dead #144 and outcast #10 black and white exclusives handed out at the lunch...... That's confusing what they are talking about lol

I posed the question, and responded the Black and White sets were randomly inserted. Still hasn't gotten back to me on why the title says black and white but he is saying they are for a color set. If I had that kind of disposable income, I would buy them and open them, and return them as not as described. You know they would fight it tooth and nail and then ebay would refund the money anyway.

I considered this as well (buy, look for ticket or b/w, return if color) but meh, too much hassle for me.

Even if you did that, isn't $350 over priced for a B&W set?

I think in time this will look like a steal.

I sold my two bw sets. Well kind of. I sent one of the walking dead bw's to cgc. The other wasn't 9.8 worthy. So I sold the remaining 19 issues for $500. Then whatever else the possible 9.8 wd can pull in.

How does he know for sure its bw inside if he hasn't opened them....

Either (a) they were told what was in the box, or (b) the box was not sealed, or © the books were not in a box

Plenty of options there. And, as I've already said, I heard from a reliable source that b/w sets went to retailers at SDCC. What the seller is saying is perfectly reasonable.

that one looks fine. however, this one looks like it has been opened. the plastic seems to only cover the blue part of the box:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-SEALED-UNOPENED-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-/181816244081?hash=item2a5517b771

and this one doesn't seem sealed at all

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-SEALED-2015-SDCC-COMIC-CON-/181819713104?hash=item2a554ca650

I sold my two bw sets. Well kind of. I sent one of the walking dead bw's to cgc. The other wasn't 9.8 worthy. So I sold the remaining 19 issues for $500. Then whatever else the possible 9.8 wd can pull in.

Dude, nice! A BW WD sold for $1k already

Considering its mine... lol

No, it hasn't been resealed. All of mine will be sealed and never resealed!

I see where one is being sold for $1k.....you have the link for the sold one?

never mind, saw where Beachbum sold his....1st to market.

I see where one is being sold for $1k.....you have the link for the sold one?

never mind, saw where Beachbum sold his....1st to market.

Ya I won't expect 1k. But anything is a bonus ;)

well I've heard of some bent ones coming out of the boxes so since there's only around 200 might not be too many 9.8s.

Actually my WD 1 is the best looking one out of the box :lol: Need to send that thing in before I drop it.

The glossy black ink areas of the covers of the BW are kind of odd, some areas look like they have fingerprints on them.

well I've heard of some bent ones coming out of the boxes so since there's only around 200 might not be too many 9.8s.

Actually my WD 1 is the best looking one out of the box :lol: Need to send that thing in before I drop it.

The glossy black ink areas of the covers of the BW are kind of odd, some areas look like they have fingerprints on them.

Maybe it's RK's finger prints.... Maybe you can advertised it as such.......... :gossip::jokealert:

WD 116 3rd print

Lucille

Hero Initiative

@James

Do you have these and/or an unsigned Lucille?

Hero and the Hero blank I have.

Think I have the unsigned Lucille.

Third print I would say there are a pile of them some where,but I don't have one.

Those Hero blanks without a sketch sure are nice.