• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

Are any trusted sources for sealed boxes left ?

Earlier in the thread, I asked if jessejames on eBay was reliable, and some people chimed in and said he was. I think a few people in this thread bought some comics from him.

Earlier in the thread, I asked if jessejames on eBay was reliable, and some people chimed in and said he was. I think a few people in this thread bought some comics from him.

If he still has boxes......I had no issues with him.I trust him....

If he still has boxes......I had no issues with him.I trust him....

Thank you, gentlemen.

Unless he opened them and then re-sealed, there is no way to know they are B&W hm

and he has two of them available

On the first one, weren't there 10 books in that set? Hmmm. pass.

Fired off a question to the second seller. Nothing drives me nuts more than stupid questions about an ebay auction, but come on.... Sealed box cannot equal Black and White set (well it could.) It is the old Schrodinger Cat thing. I asked him what his return policy was if i opened the box and they were not black and white as the picture describes. (and if they were opened as the picture was misleading.)

I've bought them them many times with no issues. Quality seller IMHO

Fired off a question to the second seller. Nothing drives me nuts more than stupid questions about an ebay auction, but come on.... Sealed box cannot equal Black and White set (well it could.) It is the old Schrodinger Cat thing. I asked him what his return policy was if i opened the box and they were not black and white as the picture describes. (and if they were opened as the picture was misleading.)

Seller responded back....

These are sealed. The B&W ones were a retailer exclusive. We have those as well. But these are the color sets.

These are sealed. The B&W ones were a retailer exclusive. We have those as well. But these are the color sets.

Retailer exclusive??? .. Am I missing something hear.. or is this ebay seller out to lunch!

Retailer exclusive??? .. Am I missing something hear.. or is this ebay seller out to lunch!

Actually, I believe that's correct. From my understanding, there was a retailer lunch where Skybound distributed black and white sets to those in attendance. I do not know if they were sealed, or just raw books.

Actually, I believe that's correct. From my understanding, there was a retailer lunch where Skybound distributed black and white sets to those in attendance. I do not know if they were sealed, or just raw books.

We need to look into this.......Are the boxes or comics different?

Think there could be three different comics for the set ? :ohnoez:

There was walking dead #144 and outcast #10 black and white exclusives handed out at the lunch...... That's confusing what they are talking about lol

I'm confuse and don't know what I'm talking about,thats why I need to know.

Got to get a jump on the vultures.

There was walking dead #144 and outcast #10 black and white exclusives handed out at the lunch...... That's confusing what they are talking about lol

I posed the question, and responded the Black and White sets were randomly inserted. Still hasn't gotten back to me on why the title says black and white but he is saying they are for a color set. If I had that kind of disposable income, I would buy them and open them, and return them as not as described. You know they would fight it tooth and nail and then ebay would refund the money anyway.

I posed the question, and responded the Black and White sets were randomly inserted. Still hasn't gotten back to me on why the title says black and white but he is saying they are for a color set. If I had that kind of disposable income, I would buy them and open them, and return them as not as described. You know they would fight it tooth and nail and then ebay would refund the money anyway.

I considered this as well (buy, look for ticket or b/w, return if color) but meh, too much hassle for me.

For us collectors its a shoot.......If Its truely limited the WD could stay high.If more flippers then collectors have them, then the first flood will only start to drive down the price 2c after the people that cant wait and over pay for them.