• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Con 2015 Gathering

116 posts in this topic

As always, the get together was a great time with great folks. I'm already looking forward to next year's.

Would have went this year but no places to stay and tickets are hard to get unless you buy early.

I do have a Tec 1 and 27 so maybe next year thats my ticket into the RHG con. :wishluck:

Hey Cat What did you pick up at the show? (except a hangover...)

HT#19 (Rockford; 9.0; OW) :gossip: I'll post a photo later (I'm on a commuter train to L.A. at the moment). Scans will have to wait 'till I'm back in the Metroplex next week.

Verzyl will deliver a book I've wanted quite awhile after I'm back home (he lives fairly close to Dallas/Ft. Worth). I'll keep that'n a surprise for now.

Also got a lead on acquiring another book I've been looking for at the RHG party. More on that after the owner gets back in touch.

No hangover, but I did have sore muscles for a couple' days after the All Star Dealers B-Ball game. :cry:

While the convention as a whole was tremendous this year, the absolute high point was geeking at Peter's. The Klee crew could not have been more accommodating. Just wonderful.

RHG's magnificent set of pre-Bats Tec is even better. (worship)(worship)

GF2015_37.jpg

...and that right there was my favorite comic of the night.

Everyone was amazed at this exceedingly choice Ryan Heshka recreation of Baker's Cinderella 25. (worship)

GF2015_15.jpg

This thing is insanely gorgeous in person. The photo doesn't begin to do it justice.

And the painting ain't to bad either.

While the convention as a whole was tremendous this year, the absolute high point was geeking at Peter's. The Klee crew could not have been more accommodating. Just wonderful.

I couldn't agree more. It's also my annual reminder that Golden Age collectors are just really good people. A pleasure to be around.

I couldn't agree more. It's also my annual reminder that Golden Age collectors are just really good people. A pleasure to be around.

:acclaim: you were talking specifically about me, right :baiting: