• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Con 2015 Gathering

116 posts in this topic

What I find most amazing about these futuristic GA covers is that they portray the future but through the eyes of a nearly century old understanding of technology.

For example, they have a cool looking futuristic car, but because they hadn't discovered alloys and plastics yet, the is held together by rivets. Iron rivets.

That thing must have weighed 8000 lbs (double the average vehicle weight) and needed 2000HP to make it go anywhere quickly...but there it is.

Love it.

What I find most amazing about these futuristic GA covers is that they portray the future but through the eyes of a nearly century old understanding of technology.

For example, they have a cool looking futuristic car, but because they hadn't discovered alloys and plastics yet, the is held together by rivets. Iron rivets.

That thing must have weighed 8000 lbs (double the average vehicle weight) and needed 2000HP to make it go anywhere quickly...but there it is.

Love it.

Iron Rivets on comic covers!! :cloud9:

Comick1 widened the era of books shared to include the latter part of the 50s.

GF2015_17.jpg

:takeit:

Some amazing things in this thread. 9.4 Church MF 65. Wow. Would love to see a full size scan of that one.

Love it.

GA rivets must work because we all stare longingly at a riveting cover. :insane:

Love it.

All it needed to make it go quickly was a cool skull on the hood.

Skulls make everything go faster.

GF2015_17.jpg

Some amazing things in this thread. 9.4 Church MF 65. Wow. Would love to see a full size scan of that one.

morefun65.jpg

Love it.

All it needed to make it go quickly was a cool skull on the hood.

Skulls make everything go faster.

How true! I had that experience with hot buttered rum at Trader Vic's earlier this very afternoon... lol

86a0f61b-88ea-4640-bbce-5310e5c10039_zpseu1vcfld.jpg

GF2015_17.jpg

morefun65.jpg

:applause: Beautiful book. You should see this puppy up close, ...absolutely remarkable! (worship)