• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okay, I need some advice regarding my comic theft - UPDATE : CAUGHT!

209 posts in this topic

:popcorn:

This is a day early

it's not like the perp was going to come here and post a contradiction or is he... hm

The perp is in jail (supposedly). However, I am sure there is a relative of his with an internet connection that is more than ready to come here to proclaim the perps innocence and how he is a victim of societal failure and how Chip's Peach's leading to that person's arrest has derailed some aspiring career or life choice that would have otherwise benefitted the masses.

I just laughed thinking of the arraignment...

"...where my client was set up in a meeting to buy the alleged stolen property by a man who has identified himself as a peach of epic proportions..."

Just understand that this guy may walk if the ADA doesn't have the evidence he needs at trial.

Absolutely. Shipping the books off right now without talking to the prosecutor first would be a huge mistake.

I just realized that I didn't address this here in the thread.

He's not being tried for stealing the books. That can't be proven. He's being tried for possession of and trying to sell stolen property.

What about when his attorney asks to see this supposed stolen property he was in possession of?

Then the jury hears 'uh, we don't have it'....

Not that I believe it will go to trial-they'll plea him out on all his charges. He'll still do time though. My guess is 1 year.

Not that I believe it will go to trial-they'll plea him out on all his charges. He'll still do time though. My guess is 1 year.

90 days, suspended sentenced, time served with continued probation.

90 days, suspended sentenced, time served with continued probation.

Depends what the other warrants were for...but yeah he's not a violent criminal, just a ridiculously dumb one.