• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okay, I need some advice regarding my comic theft - UPDATE : CAUGHT!

209 posts in this topic

The books are BACK! :)

Detectives showed up at the guy's house today. He tried to tell them his girlfriend got him the comics and when they asked him for his ID he tried to escape through another door of the house! The cop had to wrestle him to the ground (she said she broke a nail...lol) and he's now sitting in jail. Scumbag.

Apparently he has a couple other warrants out for his arrest, so I've done a good deed in pursuing this to the end.

The detective said the court date will be probably in mid-to-late August and that I'll get a summons in the mail.

Some people (including a couple boardies) have been very nice and patient about all this and have waited to see how things shake out, so I'm very happy to be able to deliver the books they paid for.

:applause::banana:

Detectives showed up at the guy's house today. He tried to tell them his girlfriend got him the comics and when they asked him for his ID he tried to escape through another door of the house! The cop had to wrestle him to the ground (she said she broke a nail...lol) and he's now sitting in jail. Scumbag.

Apparently he has a couple other warrants out for his arrest, so I've done a good deed in pursuing this to the end.

The detective said the court date will be probably in mid-to-late August and that I'll get a summons in the mail.

Some people (including a couple boardies) have been very nice and patient about all this and have waited to see how things shake out, so I'm very happy to be able to deliver the books they paid for.

:applause::banana:

lol This is an awesome story. I'm glad they caught the guy and the books were returned.

:applause:

So did the cop pretend she was interested in the books then identify them based on your descriptions then move in for the kill? Was her partner there with her acting like her boyfriend or something? Any idea how he came up with the figure $200?

SO did you actually get the books back, or are they holding them for evidence in a trial?

Maybe a donation of reading copies of comic books to a children's group of the cop's choice would be a nice gesture

Very glad they caught the dirt-bag and got him off the streets

Any idea how he came up with the figure $200?

No idea, since that ad was posted today about 2 hours before the cops knocked on his door. Not all the books are in that picture, either.

There's an earlier ad with only one book pictured, which is the one I saw and notified the cops about.

SO did you actually get the books back, or are they holding them for evidence in a trial?

The books are in a pile on my desk to my immediate right at this very moment. :)

Maybe a donation of reading copies of comic books to a children's group of the cop's choice would be a nice gesture

She doesn't have kids but has two nephews who love Star Wars so I'm going to make up some comic bundles for them.

Hope he's enjoying his baloney sandwich and kool aid in jail along with all the tube steak