• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS 39 CGC 9.6 takes a hit of 75K

135 posts in this topic

That book in that grade comes up for sale too often. It impacts the "specialness" of it.

AF 15 is the number 3 book in the hobby. If a 9.6 came up now I'd wager it would break 1.2M.

-J.

No, it would certainly NOT.

Shock and awe! :o

There can be only 1 AF 15! The book that never moves backwards.

Pretty sure the 9.6 AF15 wont make the million mark like it did in the past. The loss would be far more than 75k

Absolutely.

Perhaps it was listed for too low? I am under the impression it was $300k OBO and not that the $300k was an accepted price. Seams like a rather large hit over a few years time. No?

It was listed at 375K (same as purchase price). Even then, seller would be taking a hit given house commission.

Perhaps it was listed for too low? I am under the impression it was $300k OBO and not that the $300k was an accepted price. Seams like a rather large hit over a few years time. No?

It was listed at 375K (same as purchase price). Even then, seller would be taking a hit given house commission.

Thank you for the clarification. Can't do much else other than shake my head. Goodness, swings that big are something else.

ComicLink copy sold in 2012 for 375K, sold tonight for 300K. Ouch !

Maybe it's nothing more than a sign that reality is starting to set in on these not so scarce Marvel keys and buyers are now starting to base their price more on the book itself, as opposed to what is on the CGC label. hm

One sale doesn't mean that is the new going price ,First of all, The worst time to sell anything, other than ice cream, is in the Summer time. No one brings their checkbook to the beach. Besides a lot of people in this hobby have the mentality of "Oh, Last sale was $1,000, So I'll give you $800' Then when another copy shows up it starts all over again "Oh, last sale was $800, so I'll give you $600 for it" Rinse And Repeat. Then the book crashes and burns and the people here call it "Market Correction". This is how books die, if you want your books to continue to be worth a fortune, you have to raise the bar yourself sometimes. but that's called "over paying" here.

Two things in my opinion:

1) the $375k sale was over inflated. The buyer at that price had a bit too much buyer fever. The price hasn't gone backwards in my view.

2) the census shows 4 copies in 9.6. I think there were 2 when that copy sold originally (perhaps someone can validate)

This is all this is.....

That book in that grade comes up for sale too often. It impacts the "specialness" of it.

AF 15 is the number 3 book in the hobby. If a 9.6 came up now I'd wager it would break 1.2M.

-J.

I don't think so. When the copy sold for 1.1mil, it was the only 9.6, now there are more in the census. And I also believe the sale was influenced by the multi millions sales of the Action 1 and Tec 27 at the time