• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four will historically be known as what killed the comic movie craze!

490 posts in this topic

kgxjRyr.jpg

It will be totally okay.

Comic book movies will still continue.

My point is FF exposed how ridiculous this mania became.

The bloom is off the rose.

I am pretty sure Batman versus Superman will be a big hit, after that I don`t think so.

Mainstream will move on to Pixar,DreamWorks and Star Wars movies instead.

I heard this family who was seated behind me telling their dad "Why do we have to see this? Can`t we see Minions instead?"

Understand that Hollywood is a business, and the people who make these decisions have never...ever...had any respect for the source material, with the exception, perhaps, of Kevin Smith, who doesn't make these movies.

If Peter Jackson can muck up major themes in LOTR, changing major, major Tolkien thematic elements for nothing other than his own whim, changes that didn't even NEED to be made, then nothing is safe. So long as it's eye candy, pretty scenery, and lots of satisfying battle scenes, HUZZAH!

The unfortunate part is that they have been rewarded by the public for these efforts, because the public doesn't care. The public is stupid, and so long as they are entertained, deviation from the source material...which only 1 in 100,000 viewers have even seen...means absolutely nothing to anyone.

Does anyone reading this care that Jackson demolished major themes in LOTR...? Does anyone reading this even KNOW that Jackson demolished major themes in LOTR, themes that Tolkien spent years developing, and which he thought were so important, he wove them throughout all three novels...?

Probably not.

Hell, George Lucas did it to his own movie franchise, and he was rewarded with $2.5 BILLION. Phantom Menace was a farce, a travesty, a complete betrayal of the spirit of the original films and Lucas' own stated vision...and the movie made a BILLION DOLLARS worldwide, based on nostalgia.

So Attack of the Clones "only" made $649 Million. Oh, no, what shall we do?

As long as the stupid moviegoing public supports this nonsense, this will continue to happen.

Maybe...just maybe....Fox losing a boatload of cash on this particular travesty may turn things around...but it's not likely.

Movie makers in Hollywood have little but contempt for the public, and maybe rightfully so, but they only care about one thing: your money.

Artistic integrity in the movie industry doesn't exist and, outside of a few rebels, never has. You want to see artistic integrity, you'll have to watch independent films, which cannot afford to make these types of movies.

Uh-oh, If Angry Joe is to believed John Q Movie goer genuinely confused this with a MCU production with questions like "where do the infinity gems come into this". doh!

Even Cobra Commander hated it!

This will go down as the movie that started the beginning of the superhero hype movie bubble to be popped.

Mainstream will not take superhero movies seriously again for a long time.

This FF movie has opened the door.

burst-bubble-animated-gif.gif

Will see how much money you will be owing me with those movie bets.

Looking good on my part.

I'm sure after batman/superman, deadpool and civil war you'll post another thread claiming the movie bubble is bigger and better than ever

Actually, the Deadpool trailer was the best thing about seeing the FF reboot.

What was the crowd reaction like to the Deadpool trailer? I really want that one to succeed since it is part of the X-Franchise. Then we get a fighting chance to see Cable after all these years.

What was the crowd reaction like to the Deadpool trailer? I really want that one to succeed since it is part of the X-Franchise. Then we get a fighting chance to see Cable after all these years.

Great. Biggest audience reaction.

They were laughing with Deadpool,as opposed to laughing at Fantastic Four.

Deadpool got us all into a good mood, until

FF showed up on the screen.

Fantastic Four will be the movie that causes the superhero hype movie bubble to pop.

This will go down as the movie that started the beginning of the superhero hype movie bubble to be popped.

Fully understand the sentiment but disagree because it's The Fantastic Four.

While FF is huge among comic book geeks they really haven't transitioned into the 21st century as well as, say, Iron Man (high tech), Batman (high tech), Superman (alien, alien tech), X-Men (social justice/diversity), and so on.

Fantastic Four fans care about them because they're Marvel.

But the general public won't care anymore about FF being a disaster than they care about The Spirit being horrendous. Another stinker in a long list of stinkers and life goes on. So I'm guessing the general public will pile into the next great superhero movie caring less about this FF debacle. Zero impact on their decision making process.

Weren't a lot of fans worried that the Green Lantern film would begin the downward spiral?
That's an excellent example too. And Daredevil (the movie). And...

Superhero is a great genre for visual storytelling. Film-making tech is just recently becoming able to tell those tales well. In a very real way the movies are just getting started.

Weren't a lot of fans worried that the Green Lantern film would begin the downward spiral?

We were talking about this on the ride home. Trying to figure out what superhero movie was this bad.

The contenders were Green Lantern and Jonah Hex.

The consensus was they don`t even come close.

This Fantastic Four movie is the holy grail of badness.

Not just a bad superhero movie, but a bad movie period.

We were talking about this on the ride home. Trying to figure out what superhero movie was this bad.

The contenders were Green Lantern and Jonah Hex.

The consensus was they don`t even come close.

This Fantastic Four movie is the holy grail of badness.

Not just a bad superhero movie, but a bad movie period.

As I said earlier, I can't wait for red letter media's "half n the bag" review of this, should be out tomorrow. :popcorn:

the way i see it now is if Fox doesn't move forward with no other plans for Fantastic Four and lets the rights go back to marvel. we could most likely see a fantastic four until 2020 or even closer to 2030.

Understand that Hollywood is a business, and the people who make these decisions have never...ever...had any respect for the source material, with the exception, perhaps, of Kevin Smith, who doesn't make these movies.

If Peter Jackson can muck up major themes in LOTR, changing major, major Tolkien thematic elements for nothing other than his own whim, changes that didn't even NEED to be made, then nothing is safe. So long as it's eye candy, pretty scenery, and lots of satisfying battle scenes, HUZZAH!

The unfortunate part is that they have been rewarded by the public for these efforts, because the public doesn't care. The public is stupid, and so long as they are entertained, deviation from the source material...which only 1 in 100,000 viewers have even seen...means absolutely nothing to anyone.

Does anyone reading this care that Jackson demolished major themes in LOTR...? Does anyone reading this even KNOW that Jackson demolished major themes in LOTR, themes that Tolkien spent years developing, and which he thought were so important, he wove them throughout all three novels...?

Probably not.

Hell, George Lucas did it to his own movie franchise, and he was rewarded with $2.5 BILLION. Phantom Menace was a farce, a travesty, a complete betrayal of the spirit of the original films and Lucas' own stated vision...and the movie made a BILLION DOLLARS worldwide, based on nostalgia.

So Attack of the Clones "only" made $649 Million. Oh, no, what shall we do?

As long as the stupid moviegoing public supports this nonsense, this will continue to happen.

Maybe...just maybe....Fox losing a boatload of cash on this particular travesty may turn things around...but it's not likely.

Movie makers in Hollywood have little but contempt for the public, and maybe rightfully so, but they only care about one thing: your money.

Artistic integrity in the movie industry doesn't exist and, outside of a few rebels, never has. You want to see artistic integrity, you'll have to watch independent films, which cannot afford to make these types of movies.

I read the LOTR books before and after seeing the movies. I am willing to admit I am dense but I failed to see any extreme deviation from the novels. Those films did make alot of money if I recall correctly.

Plus I will admit to being one that has never read any of the original FF Marvels. Rehashing the FF origins stroy line is a surefire flop and Fox should have known it would not make money.

At least this may keep FF books affordable for collectors.

AoU did that already. :devil:

Stop your non-sense.

the way i see it now is if Fox doesn't move forward with no other plans for Fantastic Four and lets the rights go back to marvel. we could most likely see a fantastic four until 2020 or even closer to 2030.

Unless they sell them, the rights wouldn't revert until 2025 at minimum. If they cross them over into an X-Men film as they've stated they might, that could extend them even further. Marvel nor Fox have released enough about the specifics of their contract to know whether or not a crossover film would extend the rights.

I don't expect Fox to sell the rights back. Since they just bought themselves another decade with this bomb, the money men at Fox will likely just sit on the title for many years instead of risking their skins again.

14 Bad Movies Based On Comics

I can't help but think the only reason this list exists is too mention fantastic 4 has been screwed up 3 times in a row!

http://screenrant.com/bad-superhero-movies-based-on-comics/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P

BTW I think the Phantom is unfairly listed here. :sumo:

Well saw the movie with the family. Son 7 yrs old and loves Dt.Doom. Fell asleep half way through, my daughter 12 kept looking at me with the "what the hell is this" look.

I used to think Daredevil was the worst big name comic hero movie, but I stand corrected…well done FOX

kgxjRyr.jpg

It will be totally okay.

Comic book movies will still continue.

My point is FF exposed how ridiculous this mania became.

The bloom is off the rose.

I am pretty sure Batman versus Superman will be a big hit, after that I don`t think so.

Mainstream will move on to Pixar,DreamWorks and Star Wars movies instead.

I heard this family who was seated behind me telling their dad "Why do we have to see this? Can`t we see Minions instead?"

I 110% disagree with you.

If that was true the movie bubble would have popped years ago with the original FF #1 and #2 by Fox or Green Lantern.

You should be happy this movie was so bad since hopefully now Marvel/Disney will get the rights back.

One bad superhero movie won't be busting anything, especially after Ant-Man (yes that D level character) was so well received.

I am actually mad at you that you gave this movie money and helped Fox out. Didn't you get the memo from Marvel not go to see it. :baiting:

I read the LOTR books before and after seeing the movies. I am willing to admit I am dense but I failed to see any extreme deviation from the novels. Those films did make alot of money if I recall correctly.

Plus I will admit to being one that has never read any of the original FF Marvels. Rehashing the FF origins story line is a surefire flop and Fox should have known it would not make money.

At least this may keep FF books affordable for collectors.

Ditto. Read the LOTR books. Enjoyed the LOTR movies.

George R. R. Martin seems cool with Game of Thrones being different than his writings. Different mediums, different tellings, twice to enjoy.

Unless they sell them, the rights wouldn't revert until 2025 at minimum. If they cross them over into an X-Men film as they've stated they might, that could extend them even further. Marvel nor Fox have released enough about the specifics of their contract to know whether or not a crossover film would extend the rights.

I don't expect Fox to sell the rights back. Since they just bought themselves another decade with this bomb, the money men at Fox will likely just sit on the title for many years instead of risking their skins again.

Isn't it is 4 years?