• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rankings for Dealers

385 posts in this topic

Interesting list, Steve. I was particularly intrigued by your placement of Mark Zaid and Rich Evans as #1 & 2, respectively, and your lauding of Mark's leadership of NOD, since Rich has been very critical publicly of NOD. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So, you can't have conflicting opinions and remain a good dealer?

Or are you simply poke2.gif?

Personally, I don't think non-membership of NOD is a hanging offence, but being aware of a less-than-innocent motive for not joining would certainly get someone struck off my 'who to buy from' list.

Oh, yeah....Happy New Year, Timmie! headbang.gif

I've bought online from Metropolis last year and found it a decent experience. Half of the books were probably graded a bit too generously and the others were pretty accurate. I'd consider buying again, though you don't get any deals.

I bought from Mile High a couple of years ago. Not a bad experience and I did so only because they had a HG of the Adventure with the death of the Earth 2 Batman. (I couldn't find it in nice shape for years. ) Mile High doesn't do it for me because I feel they are wayyyy too over-priced on many books. But, if you can get it....

I've encountered Harley Yee at plenty of Motor City Cons. Always been very nice but I've bought very little from him. Too many times the grades/price were either too high or too low for my budget.

One I haven't heard mentioned that I miss from the Motor City Cons is the Bookery. I almost always bought something from them at the shows and was impressed at the info labels and grading for the books.

Highgrade

Superworld

Suplia

Those are my main sources. thumbsup2.gif

You got 2 out of 3 for me...and I've tried just about every comic dealer out there.

Your just following me around.... poke2.gif

this winter my main sources have been -

ebay

comiclink

CGC forum

i have done quite well with these 3 sources! I am considering a major purchase from metropolis shortly so maybe i will get a look at their new improved customer service!

Interesting list, Steve. I was particularly intrigued by your placement of Mark Zaid and Rich Evans as #1 & 2, respectively, and your lauding of Mark's leadership of NOD, since Rich has been very critical publicly of NOD. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Of course good dealers can have conflicting opinions. In fact, show me 2 good dealers who DON'T have conflicting opinions! 27_laughing.gif

But for someone naming their top dealers, I found it interesting that he named one dealer and complimented him on his pro-disclosure stance via his involvement with NOD, but immediately behind that dealer named a dealer who has been very critical of NOD's pro-disclosure stance. It seemed like a dealer's position on disclosure was very important to Steve, but then again, maybe not. confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh, yeah....Happy New Year, Timmie! headbang.gif

Sorry, who are you again? poke2.gif

The Ghost Of Christmas Past, you miserable 893censored-thumb.gif!

27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif

Welcome back, Nick! flowerred.gif

All's back to normal. FT is back on the boards and Liverpool are sitting above Everton! cloud9.gif

Of course good dealers can have conflicting opinions. In fact, show me 2 good dealers who DON'T have conflicting opinions! 27_laughing.gif

But for someone naming their top dealers, I found it interesting that he named one dealer and complimented him on his pro-disclosure stance via his involvement with NOD, but immediately behind that dealer named a dealer who has been very critical of NOD's pro-disclosure stance. It seemed like a dealer's position on disclosure was very important to Steve, but then again, maybe not. confused-smiley-013.gif

Or maybe it is, but it isn't the overwhelming factor?

There are still a good number of dealers who don't actively support/promote CGC, but they still remain 1st rate dealers. Ted comes to mind immediately, whereas Bob S gives more bites to slabbed items on his site than anything else.

But I'd name them both as reputable, trustworthy dealers deserving of your coin.

...and Liverpool are sitting above Everton! cloud9.gif

And as for that...it's not exactly saying a whole hell of a lot, is it? yeahok.gif

True, but it's an indication that the normal order of things has been restored to the universe. poke2.gif