• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sagii said:

72 is an underappreiated October dated Halloween cover . Never see it in high grade though.

It is a bit odd for the Halloween cover to show in October rather than November, isn't it?

And here we go with #74 and #75:

LT_074.jpg

LT_075.jpg

12 hours ago, sagii said:
On 3/17/2017 at 0:07 AM, OtherEric said:

And #72 & #73

LT_073.jpg

72 is an underappreiated October dated Halloween cover . Never see it in high grade though.

What is Bugs doing living in a sewer? hm

15 hours ago, OtherEric said:

It is a bit odd for the Halloween cover to show in October rather than November, isn't it?

And here we go with #74 and #75:

LT_074.jpg

LT_075.jpg

Number 74 is notable if only because it's the only golden age cover with Bugs in drag, a bit he pulled in many a classic cartoon short.

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:
6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

What is Bugs doing living in a sewer? hm

It's his town home, and his regular hole is his country estate?

Kind of reminds me of when Disney decided to bulldoze Mickey Mouse's house at Disney World to make room for other rides.  Their story was that the Disney World house was just his vacation home.  His real home was at Disneyland. :)

7 hours ago, sagii said:

Number 74 is notable if only because it's the only golden age cover with Bugs in drag, a bit he pulled in many a classic cartoon short.

Yeah, they go there in the stories sometimes but that's the only cover I know of.

Onward!  Here's #81 and #82

LT_081.jpg

LT_082.jpg

10 hours ago, OtherEric said:

And #85 and #86

LT_085.jpg

LT_086.jpg

85 is one of my favorite covers. Another example of a bit you probably wouldn't see on a cover produced today , unless the characters were of the 'South Park ' ilk.

14 hours ago, sagii said:

85 is one of my favorite covers. Another example of a bit you probably wouldn't see on a cover produced today , unless the characters were of the 'South Park ' ilk.

That's one where my copy looks a lot better in person, for some reason the scanner picked up that red ink transfer like crazy.  It's not nearly as visible on the actual book.

#87 and #88

LT_087.jpg

LT_088.jpg

19 hours ago, OtherEric said:

And #91 and #92.  Time to scan some more covers, I'm only about a week ahead at the moment...

And it helps if I actually attach the files, doesn't it?

LT_091.jpg

LT_092.jpg

Lots of Baseball covers in this part of the run...