• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, OtherEric said:

#95 and #96

LT_095.jpg

LT_096.jpg

The covers from around this era had an artist(s) that were better at capturing Bugs' likeness. On a lot of the covers his face is 'too full' and legs too long. 

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I'm generally not a Looney Tunes guy, but I am really enjoying this parade of covers. Nice collection!

Glad you're enjoying them!

Here's #99 and #100... not a milestone that many books reached in the GA; or ever for that matter.

LT_099.jpg

LT_100.jpg

18 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Glad you're enjoying them!

Here's #99 and #100... not a milestone that many books reached in the GA; or ever for that matter.

LT_099.jpg

LT_100.jpg

Absolutely!  And forget about continuous publication since it's Comics conception (40's) and cartoons from the 30's to present day (Wabbit on Cartoon Network).  Again the Looney Tunes are in a VERY small elite Club. 

4 hours ago, sagii said:

Absolutely!  And forget about continuous publication since it's Comics conception (40's) and cartoons from the 30's to present day (Wabbit on Cartoon Network).  Again the Looney Tunes are in a VERY small elite Club. 

Well, not quite continuous; there was a gap in the late 80's- early 90's between Whitman and DC; or more if you just count Looney Tunes itself, not books like Bugs Bunny.  But still, Looney Tunes comic books have been published every decade since the 1940's.

#105 and #106

LT_105.jpg

LT_106.jpg

And now, to mention that I'm mixing a few other books in.  #109, and Bugs Bunny's Christmas Funnies #1, published the same month.  Even if Bugs gets the title credit on the Giants, they're really more like expanded issues of LT & MM, featuring pretty much the whole cast.  I'll be including all 26 of the Giants as they come up.

LT_109.jpg

LT_109g.jpg

17 hours ago, AJD said:

Let me backfill one of the missing issues. Here's #10. I swear I have an image of this cracked out, but I can't find it.

LT10.jpg

Backfill away!  Any help on the issues I'm missing is greatly appreciated!

Also, onward to #110 and #111:

LT_110.jpg

LT_111.jpg

23 hours ago, sagii said:

Love the Drive In cover, such a hallmark of a bygone era. 

I remember in high school, on a trip one weekend, our teacher getting our school bus into a Drive-In Theater.  It was a tight fit through the gate.

#116 and #117

LT_116.jpg

LT_117.jpg