• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, sagii said:

Nice Easter cover ( you can tell it's a different artist than the usual cover guy from this time: Bugs is rendered a lot more like his cartoon image, the face isn't too full, the legs not too long and the feet not too big). 

To this day people sometimes have issues getting the characters on-model.  I've actually seen discussions where people point out where bootleg merchandise actually is more accurate than official; if you like the character enough to do a rip-off art you care more about the character than the people for who it is just a paycheck sometimes...

Vacation Funnies 7 and 190

LT_189g.jpg

LT_190.jpg

Edited by OtherEric

191 and County Fair 1-and-only:

I'm guessing they replaced the Halloween issue with County Fair to try and improve the on-sale window of the book, but that's purely speculative.  It's a neat oddity, in any case.  My copy actually looks better in person; that scan shows every flaw to maximum detriment. It has the best spine I've ever seen on a Dell giant and amazing gloss.

LT_191.jpg

LT_191g.jpg

22 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Last one was 195 and 196, it's not letting me edit to add text for some weird reason.

Here's 197 and 198.  Note the 198 is the 15c variant, the only one where I have that version:

LT_197.jpg

LT_198.jpg

Purple covers really are a treat. This one is also a nod to the famous short. 

9 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Vacation Funnies 8 (Actually the first book posted in this thread, with the 1st Road Runner appearance, repeated in the correct place in the order) and 203:

LT_202g.jpg

LT_203.jpg

Beep Beep! We've come full circle, ( and a cool rare Daffy cover from the era). Daffy will be 80 years old next Tuesday! That's a lot of burbon under the bridge baby! (I heard Sinatra say that once to Sammy Davis on a show biz milestone salute on TV some years ago). Just sounds bada**

14 hours ago, sagii said:

Beep Beep! We've come full circle, ( and a cool rare Daffy cover from the era). Daffy will be 80 years old next Tuesday! That's a lot of burbon under the bridge baby! (I heard Sinatra say that once to Sammy Davis on a show biz milestone salute on TV some years ago). Just sounds bada**

I noticed the Daffy cover when I posted it and wondered if you were going to mention it.  Didn't know it was his birthday coming up, though...

204 and 205

LT_204.jpg

LT_205.jpg

11 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I noticed the Daffy cover when I posted it and wondered if you were going to mention it.  Didn't know it was his birthday coming up, though...

204 and 205

LT_204.jpg

LT_205.jpg

These two are very eye catching covers. 'Saw' them around but really just 'looking' at them now.  Clever and funny respectively. Think I'll add them to my cherry pick list (thumbsu

11 hours ago, sagii said:

These two are very eye catching covers. 'Saw' them around but really just 'looking' at them now.  Clever and funny respectively. Think I'll add them to my cherry pick list (thumbsu

Sounds good!

209 and 210

LT_209.jpg

LT_210.jpg