• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Trick 'N' Treat Halloween Fun 3 and 169.  I know we just saw a much better copy of the Halloween #3, but including my copy for completeness sake and to show its spot in the continuity:

LT_168g.jpg

LT_169.jpg

Can never see too many copies of a deserved classic cover status (IMHO)book. Deep colors on your copy :applause:

15 hours ago, sagii said:

Can never see too many copies of a deserved classic cover status (IMHO)book. Deep colors on your copy :applause:

And, onward!

Christmas Party 6; why this one was a Party rather than Funnies is anybody's guess; and 170

LT_169g.jpg

LT_170.jpg

10 hours ago, OtherEric said:

And, onward!

Christmas Party 6; why this one was a Party rather than Funnies is anybody's guess; and 170

LT_169g.jpg

LT_170.jpg

Interesting tidbit, funnies to 'Party'. Cool painted Holiday cover, and Bugs has Tweety eating healthy ;)

13 hours ago, sagii said:

Interesting tidbit, funnies to 'Party'. Cool painted Holiday cover, and Bugs has Tweety eating healthy ;)

It is a fun cover.  Onward!

175 and 176.  The 175 is well timed for this week!

LT_175.jpg

LT_176.jpg

Edited by OtherEric

8 hours ago, OtherEric said:

178 and 179.  Interesting that they did baseball covers twice in one year...

LT_178.jpg

LT_179.jpg

Robot Man put out a call for Baseball covers in his Thread recently. These are cool examples too. (Poor Elmer, you have to feel sorry for him at some point lol )

Robot Man put out a call for Baseball covers in his Thread recently. These are cool examples too. (Poor Elmer, you have to feel sorry for him at some point lol )

The covers really have been the Bugs & Elmer show for a while now, haven't they?

Bugs Bunny's Halloween Fun Trick 'N' Treat #4 (not quite Blackstone the Magician Detective Fights Crime, but it's up there!) and 180:

LT_179g.jpg

LT_180.jpg

Christmas Funnies #7 and 183

LT_182g.jpg

LT_183.jpg

While the Halloween covers are knockouts, the Christmas covers are no slouches either.

Can't tell if that's Porky or his nephew on that cover. Funny, all the major Disney and Warners stars were always Uncles and never Fathers. Was there some kind of code on this back then? From Mickey, Porky, even Bugs had one that appeared in a short where Bugs schooled him with false American history.

I think only Sylvester the cat had a son ( but in those cartoons I don't think he was ever referred to as 'Sylvester', only "Father").

Of course only Donald's nephews rose to 'real' fame while all the other nephews faded into obscurity. Hard to beat a trifecta :D

While the Halloween covers are knockouts, the Christmas covers are no slouches either.

Can't tell if that's Porky or his nephew on that cover. Funny, all the major Disney and Warners stars were always Uncles and never Fathers. Was there some kind of code on this back then? From Mickey, Porky, even Bugs had one that appeared in a short where Bugs schooled him with false American history.

I think only Sylvester the cat had a son ( but in those cartoons I don't think he was ever referred to as 'Sylvester', only "Father").

Of course only Donald's nephews rose to 'real' fame while all the other nephews faded into obscurity. Hard to beat a trifecta :D

Pretty sure that's meant to be Porky.  The painted covers are nice but sometimes a little off model.

184 and 185

LT_184.jpg

LT_185.jpg

186 and 187

LT_186.jpg

LT_187.jpg

Nice Easter cover ( you can tell it's a different artist than the usual cover guy from this time: Bugs is rendered a lot more like his cartoon image, the face isn't too full, the legs not too long and the feet not too big).