• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fakers on ebay

288 posts in this topic

I sent fosworld the same message, this was his reply:

What people? If you have a doubt please DO NOT BID

- fosworld

Obviously.

Only those people who don't suspect it is a fake will be problem free for the seller.

If we as a group really wanted to end this it would be fairly simple.

1.In private a group of 10 or so is formed.

2. This post and any others with any mention of such a plan are deleted.

3. The group divides up the bidding accordingly and winning bidders pay for low priced but obviously fake items spaced out over time. 2-4 items a week by two different bidders for five weeks.

4. After receiving fake, each member communicates or deals with the issue in the way they would normally.

5. No matter how they usually deal with such an issue it must end with both a filed ebay return and negative honest feedback.

Having eBay end an item or two won't do it. You need to pull a weed out by the roots. Ebay may ignore calls of wrong doing but they do pay attention to excessive feedbacks and chargebacks.

I don't know I posted one time someone who had over 50 neg FB and he was still going strong....50 out of 200 sales

This guy is determined to try to make this work. He will never see a penny as I've explained to him. Oh well.

go to the item and scroll down a little then to the right it says report item pick listing practices then fraudulent listing then you suspect listing is fraudulent then confirm

we shut it down again!! good job guys.

he also has a fake skateboard up if ya wanna shut that down too

I don't think it's ever actually been shut down by eBay...if it was, the listings would disappear. Looks like when he's taken it down before, he did it voluntarily (i.e. ended the auction early).

Anyway, the Donnellys own the real thing and he's taken his scan from them.

Somebody should just buy it. Then go through the motions of reporting it a fake and getting refunded. Neg him fairly but harshly. And then that can happen again, and again, and again. Not the same buyer of course. I'd expect each buyer that cries "fake!" and returns for refund will have themselves blocked by the seller (oh, what a loss there!), but there are enough people on this Board... Eventually either the seller or eBay will tire of the game (and the lost shipping charges back and forth) and it will end. The reporting thing is sort of like swatting at flies imo...