• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

Frank Miller Speaks With Le Monde About DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE:

Le Monde

Whoa. MAJOR SPOILERS. (unless everybody already knows the storyline, except me of course. :blush: )

edit: And a GREAT story-idea it is. :ohnoez:

What a freaking great idea. (worship) I can't believe nobody has thought of this before - or have they and did I just miss it?

I'm dying to read this now.

What a freaking great idea. (worship) I can't believe nobody has thought of this before - or have they and did I just miss it?

No kidding! But I'm confused by all the Variant bs and silly prices. So I was looking at the HC and thinking WTF? The HC seems more like a 'collectible' than the gazillion floppy choices.

Here's what it states about the HC (released 2 weeks later)...

"The Collector’s Editions are Diamond exclusives, available only to Diamond accounts.

There are no plans to keep the DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE COLLECTOR’S EDITIONS in print. When the initial print run sells out, we will not reprint them."

Price $9.99. I don't know, but I'm leaning toward a 1st Ed HC being the better value going in...and years from now when they're continually reprinting it in every format known to man.

Thoughts?

No kidding! But I'm confused by all the Variant bs and silly prices. So I was looking at the HC and thinking WTF? The HC seems more like a 'collectible' than the gazillion floppy choices.

Here's what it states about the HC (released 2 weeks later)...

"The Collector’s Editions are Diamond exclusives, available only to Diamond accounts.

There are no plans to keep the DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE COLLECTOR’S EDITIONS in print. When the initial print run sells out, we will not reprint them."

Price $9.99. I don't know, but I'm leaning toward a 1st Ed HC being the better value going in...and years from now when they're continually reprinting it in every format known to man.

Thoughts?

Depends how many they are printing. They could print 1,000,000 and leave them in a warehouse. Never need another print.

Thoughts?

I don't have any thoughts on speculation. I just can't wait to read it.

The story sounds like it will be good, the art all seems to be a tribute to Miller and I like Miller so I'm thoroughly excited.

Thoughts?

I don't have any thoughts on speculation. I just can't wait to read it.

The story sounds like it will be good, the art all seems to be a tribute to Miller and I like Miller so I'm thoroughly excited.

??? Speculation? I was wondering how to read the damn thing without throwing money away.

Ygogolak makes a good point about the HC print run though. Have to think on that. But the prices I'm seeing on the floppies are insane.

I may just opt for digital and enjoy it that way.