• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

Jim Lee box art for the collectors edition

jim-lee-dark-knight-iii-collectors-cover.jpg

I do love this, though.

That is pretty sweet.

Love those 'Ronin-type', Milleresque buildings in the background.

Frank Miller is going to write Dark Knight 4 by himself, not sure if he will also do the art.

Dark Knight 4

"Miller indicated he was aware of Azzarello's story, and he emphasized that he supported it. However, he said that after he reads DK3 in full, he intends to create his own fourth chapter (although he did not indicate whether he'd both write and draw the book)."

This article is almost implying that Miller did not have much or anything to do with Azzarello's story beyond attaching his name. What's your thoughts on this disclosure and him distancing himself away from it only a week before release?

Frank Miller is going to write Dark Knight 4 by himself, not sure if he will also do the art.

Dark Knight 4

"Miller indicated he was aware of Azzarello's story, and he emphasized that he supported it. However, he said that after he reads DK3 in full, he intends to create his own fourth chapter (although he did not indicate whether he'd both write and draw the book)."

This article is almost implying that Miller did not have much or anything to do with Azzarello's story beyond attaching his name. What's your thoughts on this disclosure and him distancing himself away from it only a week before release?

From what I'm reading he co-wrote DK3 and will write DK4 (another mini series) all by himself.

Frank said in another interview that the plot of DK3 was inspired by DK1 and that it was his idea that is being used for DK3

Gives you a look at a lot more variant covers, rational for the story and art work.

Thanks for posting this!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this all comes together with the store specific variants and the integrated mini-comic.

I liked the story DiDio told of his 1st encounter with Miller.

What I'm interpreting from this article, unless he got credit, he wouldn't have allowed DC to precede with this series. I figure he is a consultant at best.

Frank Miller

How could he have stopped DC. Other than throwing a fit what could DC do? It never stopped them with Allan Moore

(shrug)

As the article suggests, since it is uncertain who wrote it, will it affect retail sales of the comic and the marked up prices of the OA based on the notion Miller had only a cursory hand in the project? Will the art and books begin to come back to earth on this revelation and will people on the fence about buying the comic now stay away?

Sounds like Frank Miller had little to do with this. Only his name used for sales. Very disappointing. Sounds like another Before WATCHMEN. Also sounds like DC misled retailers and fans bad on this one. I expect a major backlash in sales by the third or fourth issue. Issue 1 could end up in a lot of dollar bins in the future.

Sad that they would mislead Frank Miller fans.

Shame on DC Comics.