• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

As I stated earlier, Miller stated he came up with the concept for the story so at worst, the story plots would be from him and the -script written by someone else.

It's a shame as people want more Miller, but I guess it is what it is.

As I stated earlier, Miller stated he came up with the concept for the story so at worst, the story plots would be from him and the -script written by someone else.

Do you think this revelation will hurt retail sales?

Do you think this revelation will hurt retail sales?

No. This is what is puzzling me, we are still getting Miller art and story, even

if it is in a somewhat smaller size. This is still a story extending the universe

Miller created (TDKU). It has raised his passion to create another chapter,

for me with is a win.

Here is part of a recent review of issue 1 from CBR:

"There's a certain sense of tentativeness as the issue moves along, prompting an uncertainty that questions whether Azzarello should be telling Miller's story or his own. The constant reminders and nods to Miller's previous series serve as both acknowledgements that this is still Miller's story and as markers indicating it isn't completely his. Even so, Azzarello manages this dichotomy pretty well, reminding readers that yes, this is an artistic collaboration, and a strong one at that. At worst, the issue reads like Azzarello is paying tribute to Miller; in either context, the final result is a strong and worthwhile Batman comic.

"Dark Knight III: The Master Race" #1 defies what both Frank Miller supporters and detractors alike might be expecting. The addition of Azzarello and Kubert smooths out the artistic excesses of Miller's more recent efforts, but also doesn't quite bring the same level of moody ambiance or character depth that was seen in the first "Dark Knight" story. On its own, though, it stands out as a worthy introduction to a compelling Batman story."

Dark Knight 3 Review

Here is a link to a very detailed and a positive SPOILER filled review of both the comic and mini comic. Both sound very interesting and the book is worth a read. The book is not without it's faults, but seems to be a positive execution. Now the wait until book 2 comes out.

My goodness that review was one big slurp-fest. Did the reviewer bother to wipe his mouth off before writing that fluff? Sheesh.

Here is a link to a very detailed and a positive SPOILER filled review of both the comic and mini comic. Both sound very interesting and the book is worth a read. The book is not without it's faults, but seems to be a positive execution. Now the wait until book 2 comes out.

My goodness that review was one big slurp-fest. Did the reviewer bother to wipe his mouth off before writing that fluff? Sheesh.

You can use it as a template for your Star Wars Ep. 7 review. ;):baiting:

how many freaking variant covers are there?

Per issue 4 or 5 I assume. They are trying to get us much out of this comic as possible, but it is no different than what Marvel does for most of their mini series.

I believe there's a lot more than that.

After all, didn't the recent Archie #1 have something like 21 different covers, exclusive of the individual store covers.

Interesting to note that the regular non-variant cover by the regular artist is the one that's going for big dollars. lol

I was actually talking to my local retailer about the custom cover and he said he considered it, but felt it was a huge financial commitment. As well, he said he was conserned about what if the artist from the list to choose from had on off day or chose not to do his best, then he would be stuck with these custom covers books he couldn't sell. So his rational was the cost commitment and being stuck with a crappy cover (the what ifs).