• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link's Fall Auction - November 12, 2015

262 posts in this topic

I think the auctions are coming too frequently and run into each other unfortunately for buyers (who may not have enough money to buy everything they want) and sellers (who may suffer from a marketplace of fatigued buyers).

I'd love to see Heritage and ComicLink spaced out by 1.5 (maybe a 6 week spread) months from each other and then do quarterly signature/featured auctions, so they complement each other in that way.

:bump:

The CLink auction seems to be going under the radar. Bidding opened tonight.

20 days until closing......most people can't get worked into a proper lather until there's an hour left to closing. lol

Too many auctions in a short period. Something has to give.

Comic Link

Heritage

Comic Connect

And the Doc Dave Profiles sale

Have all your max bid estimates been exceeded yet? :baiting:

u3bn1.gif

Howdy -- I put two Daredevil 154 pages in the comiclink auction. To dispel some confusion: no, these aren't the two pages that I sold (and sold well) about nine months ago. These are two different pages. One of the reason I was collecting DD 154 is that it's fourteen pages of really good fight scenes. Here's a chance to get two of the best. They're the only two consecutive pages I have left.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=daredevil+154&x=6&y=11&ItemType=CA

Terrific Colan/Leialoha pages, Glen. Colan's compositions were particularly strong here - both within each panel and on the page as a whole. Great depth and movement. I look at them and I wonder what his process was as he mapped it all out. What was going on in his head to come up with those panel compositions?

Good luck with the auctions!

Too many auctions in a short period. Something has to give.

Comic Link

Heritage

Comic Connect

And the Doc Dave Profiles sale

Have all your max bid estimates been exceeded yet? :baiting:

u3bn1.gif

giphy.gif

Does that number match your max bids?

I'm amazed that they have a Schomburg war cover - All-New Comics #5:

D5198A0E-84AB-465D-AACF-C14E9F8F2842.jpg

There was an auction back i Think in 1995-1996 for Sothebys where like 15 different Schomburgs came up for sale, I think this cover was one of them. They were all the off brand non marvels but still they were great. Always regretted not bidding on those. This feels like a 2nd chance sort of.

doh! I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, I was thinking it was in the next HA auction.

I thought what it went for on HA was a pretty strong price given it is one of the worse covers in the run. That said, I wouldn't kick it out of bed. :insane:

I thought what it went for on HA was a pretty strong price given it is one of the worse covers in the run. That said, I wouldn't kick it out of bed. :insane:

Agreed. I am guessing it will go for less this time.