• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link's Fall Auction - November 12, 2015

262 posts in this topic

Avengers 39 splash from eBay 15k to "somebody" on CAF for $35k to CLink for $12.5k heh heh. Not every bet pays off :)

Wow, I didn't know the back story on this one. And here I was thinking that it was nice to see Heck getting some love. I thought $12k was strong for a Heck splash.

Sounds like someone was betting on Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/wasp action from the movie appearances.

Oops is right.

A Tale of Two Kirbys. FF 40 Thing vs Doom 6 panel page from 1965 with Colletta inks sells (I believe in a no reserve auction) for 25K, while X-Men 11 full team vs Magneto 5 panel page from 1965 with Stone inks fails to make 25K reserve. I don't have 25K for either one personally, but if I did the X-Men wins by a mile. Is this an example of Reserve Dampening Effect, or is the Thing-Doom battle such fanboy caviar that it outweighs the artistic perfection and perfect character inclusion of the X page?

A Tale of Two Kirbys. FF 40 Thing vs Doom 6 panel page from 1965 with Colletta inks sells (I believe in a no reserve auction) for 25K, while X-Men 11 full team vs Magneto 5 panel page from 1965 with Stone inks fails to make 25K reserve. I don't have 25K for either one personally, but if I did the X-Men wins by a mile. Is this an example of Reserve Dampening Effect, or is the Thing-Doom battle such fanboy caviar that it outweighs the artistic perfection and perfect character inclusion of the X page?

I'm thinking it's the reserve, looks like MOST of the reserves weren't met

Avengers 39 splash from eBay 15k to "somebody" on CAF for $35k to CLink for $12.5k heh heh. Not every bet pays off :)

Wow, I didn't know the back story on this one. And here I was thinking that it was nice to see Heck getting some love. I thought $12k was strong for a Heck splash.

Sounds like someone was betting on Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/wasp action from the movie appearances.

Oops is right.

Ended: Aug 23, 2015 , 12:49PM

Winning bid: US $15,431.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-art-Avengers-39-SPLASH-page-Don-Heck-George-Bell-Marvel-Comics-1966-/161793350050?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=u6BVfzYwt28AvkVpDU%252FZzOkZ25k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

15,438 for the Heck widow page!

I know the 1st place for losers positioned bidder as the runner up on this one. I was in the same room as the auction was closing.

It was $7k leading into the last minute then he dropped a $15,188 bid on it with a few seconds left, only to be notified he was outbid and no time to put down another bid.

I speculate the winning bidder was willing to go deeper, so even if he were able to put down a bid for $16k or even $18k, I think he would have been outbid.

I am curious if the high bidder is here on the boards, just how high he would have gone 'tho.

It's a really nice page.