• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

Thanks! They are all issues from the same collection that walked in that the Uncle Scrooge came from. Even though Disney comics have never been a specific collecting focus for me I've always appreciated them and I'm super happy to have them.

Thanks! They are all issues from the same collection that walked in that the Uncle Scrooge came from. Even though Disney comics have never been a specific collecting focus for me I've always appreciated them and I'm super happy to have them.

The rest of us have to hunt down books and the books just walk into your shop. Love the FC 238, which is tough to find in high grade.

(worship)

They're beautiful. The depth and beauty of the books you've shown on the boards is amazing. All genres in high grade.

And now Ducks! :cloud9:

I"ll bet even the cool kids let you sit at their table hm

Dear MrBedrock,

I hate you.

Love,

Duffman

Seriously, this is one of the fantastic advantages of having a bricks and mortar comic book store presence.

Folks who have comics (bequeathed, found, whatever) "know nothing", can't be bothered with eBay and just want a trustworthy dealer to take them at a fair price.

Congrats :applause:

Dear MrBedrock,

I hate you.

Love,

Duffman

Seriously, this is one of the fantastic advantages of having a bricks and mortar comic book store presence.

Folks who have comics (bequeathed, found, whatever) "know nothing", can't be bothered with eBay and just want a trustworthy dealer to take them at a fair price.

Congrats :applause:

One of the many reasons I love coming to work each and every day. There's always the possibility that today could have something awesome in store. Thanks (thumbs u

For that sort of money you could buy nice mid grade copies of some of the classic Four Color issues. I'd suggest 223 (Lost in the Andes) and 189!(Old castle's secret). Or you could buy both 408 (Golden helmet) and 422 (Gilded man). Lots of options.

With a little patience and willingness to bid on multiple different issues, chances are you could get a nice Barks Four Color considerably below GPA. If you want the most beautiful book you can get within your budget, I'd go for a WDCS around issue 140-170. There are some fantastic Barks covers from that time that, with a little luck, may be within reach in CGC 9.4-9.6. I've seen a lot of nice Disney comics over the years yet still get blown away by how pretty these books can be.

Also, you need to decide if you want raw or CGC. If you like the books raw you can get a price break but take chances on undisclosed restoration.

Besides the books above I would also look at Uncle Scrooge between 4-15 as I always thought they were some of the best stories in the Barks cannon.

Yes I prefer cgc, the thing is, there are a lot of books that are more than 300 I can afford but I also wasn't to buy a Lois Lane 1 and also what if I don't like it as much, so I thought 300 is a good price so it's not a COMPLETE loss

Barks and COMPLETE loss should never appear in the same sentence!