• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,446 posts in this topic

This book has a special meaning to me. Back around 2002, I was trying to put together a nice run of Mickey Mouse Magazines and really wanted a nice copy of the last issue. When this copy came up on eBay, I was bidding against Steve Geppi, who pretty much bought everything nice back then. It felt very frustrating to lose one auction after another to him and I felt particularly bad about this issue. Shortly after that, I started sniping which allowed me to win once in a while. Today, I have multiple beautiful copies of this issue, but this one brings back memories and a nice feeling that my persistence and patience eventually paid off.

mmv512_filecopy.jpg

This book has a special meaning to me. Back around 2002, I was trying to put together a nice run of Mickey Mouse Magazines and really wanted a nice copy of the last issue. When this copy came up on eBay, I was bidding against Steve Geppi, who pretty much bought everything nice back then. It felt very frustrating to lose one auction after another to him and I felt particularly bad about this issue. Shortly after that, I started sniping which allowed me to win once in a while. Today, I have multiple beautiful copies of this issue, but this one brings back memories and a nice feeling that my persistence and patience eventually paid off.

mmv512_filecopy.jpg

Not only is that book beautiful, but it is an historic, transitional, comic becoming WDC&S #1

mmv512_filecopy.jpg

Great book and story, tb! :applause:

DOn't think I have ever posted in this thread, but here is a book I traded for in my Four Color Trading quest. This book fits nicely into many of the threads here

fc029DDMummysRing_zps812480c8.jpg

I never thought I would be able to trade for this one, even with 1/4 of the cover missing. Glad Donald is intact

mmv512_filecopy.jpg

I love these file copies! Way to go TB!

DOn't think I have ever posted in this thread, but here is a book I traded for in my Four Color Trading quest. This book fits nicely into many of the threads here

I never thought I would be able to trade for this one, even with 1/4 of the cover missing. Glad Donald is intact

:headbang:FC 29 is probably my favorite cover of this little group.

8788236908_052744b807_c.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

It's funny how that missing piece has the same alluring effect as Donald "opening" the cover of Walt Disney's Comics and Stories 1.

I always liked Four Color 29 far more than Four Color 9 as the "Mummy's Ring" story has so much more soul than "Pirate Gold". One of my own quiet dreams is some day to get reading copies of these books. My own favorite feeling as a collector is holding a gorgeous, rare, high grade copy in front of me, enjoying it as a piece of art, but reading a book is great in a completely different way. I often miss the days when I was able to do that.

beautiful. The lack of credits on the label is annoying. Do you know who these are by tb? perhaps some are buettner like some of the early wdcs covers?

GCD says the cover is by Hank Porter.

Interesting that Donald is still being shown as being of school age.

mmv512_filecopy.jpg

I love these file copies! Way to go TB!

And this one is actually a bona fide file copy! :D