• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,455 posts in this topic

He's a good artist with an excellent style as you say but his writing is even better.

As for value the 40s stuff is generally the most valuable and the 60s least valuable largely due to scarcity. If you are just starting out I would recommend the 50s books - they are the best stories and not as expensive as the 40s work.

fc238.jpg

One of my favorites of the favorites!!

Bombie the Zombie and early Uncle Scrooge.

+1 :cloud9:

that book was in my office for almost a month lol

Stop it Gator! You are looking at the wrong book. That's Four Color 238.

I got the Four Color 300 from the guy you shipped it out late to.

Mr. Bedrock got the Four Color #300 from me. I just want to clarify that Gator sent the book to me in a timely fashion, and that Mr. Bedrock's comment meant that I received it shortly before the show, not that the delivery was tardy.

Mr. Bedrock got the Four Color #300 from me. I just want to clarify that Gator sent the book to me in a timely fashion, and that Mr. Bedrock's comment meant that I received it shortly before the show, not that the delivery was tardy.

You are right, Richard. I was just poking fun at Rick's faulty memory.

BTW, there sure are a lot of Ricks and Richards in this conversation.

As far as I can tell, this is the earliest children's book in the census to receive a 9.6. The only "comic books" prior to 1938 to get this grade are two Church "New Adventure" from late 1937. There are a handful of 9.6 Mickey Mouse Magazines from 1937 (all of which I have posted in the past) and some digest sized giveaways prior to that.

Anyway, just nice to see any early book like this survive. Especially since the cover artwork is pretty neat.

magic_hat_96.jpg