• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,467 posts in this topic

A few more and I'll be halfway to the 1-100 run. :cloud9:

You should make that 1 - 263 anyway. That way you'll have all the Dells.

;)

That was the original plan, but I found myself buying issues I really didn't care for. I still have some lovely high grade copies with favourite Barks covers in tha longer run, but my others were sold a little while ago-not without a little pang of regret though.

A few more and I'll be halfway to the 1-100 run. :cloud9:

You should make that 1 - 263 anyway. That way you'll have all the Dells.

;)

That was the original plan, but I found myself buying issues I really didn't care for. I still have some lovely high grade copies with favourite Barks covers in tha longer run, but my others were sold a little while ago-not without a little pang of regret though.

+1

I'm nibbling away at issues in the #1-50 run myself, and have a smattering of random issues (fave covers & stories) in the #51-through-150-or-so range. I'd rather not be a completist of issues I'm iffy about... plus, I need the space.

I hadn't bought a Scrooge book in some time, having completed 1- 71 a few years ago now. But I was inspired by tb's fabulous MMMs to chase up some upgrades. The 20s were my weakest 'decade', so I've been looking for nicer copies of some of those. These ones were too good to pass on:

Scrooge_026.jpg

Scrooge_028.jpg

My undercopy of #26 has been gracefully retired to the pastures of Undercopy Manor.

I think the Dell Scrooges are still my favourite comics of all time.

My undercopy of #26 has been gracefully retired to the pastures of Undercopy Manor.

Wait a minute - I resemble those remarks!

These are the sort of undercopies I'll happily house all day long (thumbs u :

Scrooge26753x1055.jpg

Scrooge is my favorite Disney icon without doubt. I lost my inventory list of my Uncle Scrooges and so I haven't been buying in the last couple of years. I need to get off my duff, pull the boxes out, and reinventory.

I get to play in my Disney boxes! :cloud9:

having completed 1- 71 a few years ago now
Nice upgrades but the entire set contains some fantastic stories! :applause:

One of the things I love doing is reading the Barks stories from the original editions. When reading through my new #26, I recalled something I've been meaning to ask about here. Everyone knows that the opening scene to Raiders of the Lost Ark comes from the 7 Cities of Cibola story in U$ #7, right? But has anyone else spotted this scene in the Temple of Doom? (Scan from U$ #211)

US_26_tunnel.jpg

It's recreated fairly faithfully in the movie.

So my question is whether there is a Barks scene in the third or fourth Indiana Jones movies? It's been many years since I suffered through the third and I couldn't bring myself to see the fourth.

One of the things I love doing is reading the Barks stories from the original editions. When reading through my new #26, I recalled something I've been meaning to ask about here. Everyone knows that the opening scene to Raiders of the Lost Ark comes from the 7 Cities of Cibola story in U$ #7, right? But has anyone else spotted this scene in the Temple of Doom? (Scan from U$ #211)

US_26_tunnel.jpg

It's recreated fairly faithfully in the movie.

So my question is whether there is a Barks scene in the third or fourth Indiana Jones movies? It's been many years since I suffered through the third and I couldn't bring myself to see the fourth.

Odd. I thought the same thing reading your vastly inferior undercopy :baiting:

Has Spielberg ever been called on this? (shrug)

As to other similarities, Scrooge has always been on quests, so it's sort of natural the narratives would have a little in common. Holy Grail (Last Crusade) I don't think Barks tackled, Crystal Skulls I'm not so sure about . . .

Back from CGC yesterday. Earliest comic book sized or larger format 9.6 in census; only a digest sized Mickey Mouse Magazine dairy giveaway from 1935 is earlier overall.

MM27_960001_1300.jpg

Back from CGC yesterday. Earliest comic book sized or larger format 9.6 in census; only a digest sized Mickey Mouse Magazine dairy giveaway from 1935 is earlier overall.

TB,

That book is brilliant! The red looks brand new. Where did that one come from? Astouding.

Off to Wonder Con on Friday for half the day, walking over from work after lunch to meet Busted Flush and another old friend in the business. Should be fun. Sounds like it might be a quiet show too; will make it easy to spend some time looking at great old books.

MM27_960001_1300.jpg

Gorgeous book, tb! (worship)