• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Interesting idea; I've got piles of those too also not in great shape. Where did you sell them and about how much were you able to get for a copy. Certainly some great reading in them.

I first sold a few of the cheaper ones on eBay, but put a slip in the packages with an email address for follow-on sales. I priced them using the MCS site. I figure Australian customers still get a discount because the postage is much cheaper than from the US. Seems I was right because they all went pretty quickly.

4 hours ago, dikran1 said:

My latest treasure from ComicLink :cloud9:  Been looking for a nice copy for a long while...

Oh, my, I have wanted one of those for a long time.

Well done. :applause:

28 minutes ago, dikran1 said:

I think I leapfrogged you on the Four Color registry with this one :(

My ranking dropped by ~8000 points this month because I sold my 9.4 copy of FC #147 to help buy a stupid house.:cry: Darn the need to have something to store stuff in!

Edited by Badger

Over the past several years, a lot of the Barks classic covers and paintings have been reproduced on canvas, sometimes even with a change in the coloring scheme.  Recently I saw a variation of the cover for FC 238 that was so attractive that I couldn't resist it. 

Barks FC 238 16x22 canvass.jpg

2 hours ago, Yellow Kid said:

Over the past several years, a lot of the Barks classic covers and paintings have been reproduced on canvas, sometimes even with a change in the coloring scheme.  Recently I saw a variation of the cover for FC 238 that was so attractive that I couldn't resist it.

I can see why Rich! That's a wonderful image.

On 5/28/2021 at 7:18 PM, Stingrayiii said:

Might have overpaid, but got this wonderful looking book today. Have another barks coming in a few days also.

thumbnail_20210528_130007.thumb.jpg.d69231423082518dab3d0598f29941dd.jpgthumbnail_20210528_130017.thumb.jpg.fbdfe6d0f955b36736e0f83148c8aee5.jpg

A book for which it is probably impossible to overpay! Wonderful pickup!

20 hours ago, Stingrayiii said:

The other one came today.

thumbnail_20210529_112037.thumb.jpg.8d71f62a59e597927c302e3507f05b52.jpg

thumbnail_20210529_112045.thumb.jpg.84cee03e264d69f0e6410183960106a8.jpg

I go back and forth on my favorite Barks FC, but this is at least in the top 3. Great pickup!

There's been a noticeable spurt in the prices of high-grade books with Barks covers for which he didn't do the interior art. Not sure whether it's two bidder competing for highest graded copies, but those issues used to, I think, be considered clearly in the second rank and typically sold at a discount. For instance, I bought this some years ago for significantly less than I probably would have had to pay for an FC with Barks interior art in a lower grade. 

RADDF54D20141118_114834.jpeg