• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My visit to comic nirvana
1 1

84 posts in this topic

Thank you so much for taking the time to put all this down and let all of us read it. As you have said, it is meeting the great and generous people in this hobby that really makes it special. And it is threads like this one that make all the one liner snarky jokes, and goofy gifs worth sifting through. Your wonderment and love of the medium shines as brightly as the vibrant colors of the books you hold in the photos.

What a wonderful tale and experience... for all of us.

thank you for the kind words.....I always felt this stuff should be shared with fellow collectors....just plain fun....jb
Thank you, Jon! It was like comic geek fantasy camp. I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to see all that cool, amazing, historic stuff!

And thanks to everyone else for the positive reception to this thread. It was fun to relive those couple days as I wrote this out, and it's fun to share it with an appreciative audience. :applause:

I just now read this thread, and I am in awe. I knew there is the creme de la creme on these boards , but some boardies just awe struck me. Just looking at those pics made me dizzy. I can't possibly imagine how amazing an opportunity to meet , discuss, witness the greatness in person. (worship)

Thank you for allowing us to see but a small piece of this.

Thanks tth2! Thought that he might have been AdamStrange...

AdamStrange never shows his face in pictures.

Rumor has it that he`s a world famous celebrity, so needs to hide his identity in order to hang out on the boards. If the rumors are true, it would be a titanic revelation.

Rumor has it that he`s a world famous celebrity, so needs to hide his identity in order to hang out on the boards. If the rumors are true, it would be a titanic revelation.

I'll never tell. :whistle:

Don`t you mean catch me if you can?

:shy:

Adam strange is Tom Hanks ? :gossip:

Adamstrange is Jim Morrison...... but you didn't hear it from me...... GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Adamstrange is Jim Morrison...... but you didn't hear it from me...... GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Adam is either Bruce Lee or Andy Kaufmann... I'm always conflating the two. You do not contact him. If he wants to see you, he will contact you. He doesn't return Chuck Norris' calls.