• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

Like i said everyone should support all comic movies before all our books are worthless and you can use them as toilet paper.The sight of Wonder Woman on the screen is worth the price to see it twice.I have spoken :preach:

6 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Like i said everyone should support all comic movies before all our books are worthless and you can use them as toilet paper.The sight of Wonder Woman on the screen is worth the price to see it twice.I have spoken :preach:

Does that mean you support Batman & Robin? hm 

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Just the latest article to confirm the budget at "upwards of $300MM".

Let's get that chart with the proper budget figure @Bosco685.

-J.

Another article repeating an unverified number doesn’t make it even more accurate.

But keep asking.

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Another article repeating an unverified number doesn’t make it even more accurate.

But keep asking.

How about Wikipedia, which cites a Collider article, which itself cites a Wall Street Journal article?

Ahem:

Wikipedia for "List of Most Expensive Films"

(Feel free to go in and edit it, Bosco!)

Justice League ranks roughly third on both the adjusted-for-inflation and unadjusted charts (natch, 'cuz it's current).

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 10.45.27 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

How about Wikipedia, which cites a Collider article, which itself cites a Wall Street Journal article?

Ahem:

Wikipedia for "List of Most Expensive Films"

Justice League ranks roughly third on both the adjusted-for-inflation and unadjusted charts (natch, 'cuz it's current).

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 10.45.27 PM.png

...and IMdB has it listed at $300MM.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

Warner will never fess up to what exact amount they really spent (not that any studio really does) but ALL recent credible sources are citing the  $300MM as a valid estimate.  Putting some other number other than that at this point is simply being dishonest.  

-J.

On 11/25/2017 at 1:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

Wonder has been exceeding expectations right from the beginning ($17M turned out to be $31M). Yet folks laughed.

As far as Coco dominating, Justice League has been holding pace even with with the latest Pixar movie. Coco is actually not matching Moana's same pace the previous year.

My girls loved WW and haven’t seen JL yet. But all they want to see right now is Coco and I have to admit it looks great despite the standard Disney formula.

https://youtu.be/Ga6RYejo6Hk

Edited by Reader

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

...and IMdB has it listed at $300MM.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

Warner will never fess up to what exact amount they really spent (not that any studio really does) but ALL recent credible sources are citing the  $300MM as a valid estimate.  Putting some other number other than that at this point is simply being dishonest.  

-J.

Dishonest? Wow! What a treat you are.

3 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

What a dirtbag comment to make. Between you three hounding people over this movie to force people to hate it, you make even this part of the forum ugly.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

What a dirtbag comment to make. Between you three hounding people over this movie to force people to hate it, you make even this part of the forum ugly.

This is just plain unreasonable.  I don't care what people like, and I haven't seen anyone trying to change  anybody's opinion about this movie (what would be the point of that anyway?). 

But you are keeping your thumb on the scale for this movie for some reason and you're creating charts with the obvious intention of creating dialogue and discussion, yet when the dialogue or discussion doesn't go the way you like you pitch a tantrum about it.  I think I've been very clear what my one and only gripe is and it is that you clearly aren't seeking to have an honest conversation or analysis about this film's real performance because you are knowingly and repeatedly posting false data in a fairly transparent attempt to skew perception, which really is pointless when you think about it, because it's not actually changing reality. So what exactly is the point of doing that, I just don't get it.  

-J.